Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 Point drop via Score Watch

tag
thojawan2000
Established Member

Re: 15 Point drop via Score Watch

palmbeach,

I feel the same way. When I made this mess I didn't know how big of a hole I put myself in. Now that I am becoming educated on credit and credit worthiness, I pay close attention to every dime I spend and pay. I found it is much easier to make timely payments using webpay. I don't have to think about when the payment is due nor do I have to write a check. 

Let's both keep up the good work. As you have read on this site or others.....there is always light at the end of the tunnel...it's just the tunnel maybe 7 years long Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 658
Current Score: 658
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check date closed as well.........especially when it says recently missed payment.

Just went through this with another member, when they paid the CO, the date closed was updated to Feb 2009 or March 2009 one, can't remember. And they got the same message "recently missed payment".

Message 12 of 16
Journey
Regular Contributor

That was me, and Sidewinder was right. The date closed changed to more recently, which somehow must have triggered SW that I "missed a payment." The creditor was Macy's, so I called them, at Sidewinder's suggestion, and they were very nice, telling me that my records matched theirs (date closed 7/06), and asked me to fax them a letter with copies of the CRs and a request to changed it back and fix the error. That was just Friday, so it is too soon to tell, but I hope it turns out well!

Hang in there...I heard someone once say that credit repair is not for the faint of heart, and I can certainly attest to that!

Message 13 of 16
palmbeachwife
Regular Contributor

Thank you Journey!

Yes, it was Macy's for me, too. It happened Friday. Somebody must've got laid off and decided to give everyone a bad day along with them.

I will call them tomorrow.

Such a timely post.

1/19/09 EQ 595 TU 508 EX 579 FICO
7/1/09 EQ 659 TU myFICO 654 TU 671 EX 644
10/14/10 EQ 696 EX 710 TU 728 (Wachovia pulled scores)
11/1/10 EQ 705 EX 710 TU 728 (700 Club all around, yayyy!)
07/24/11 TU 735
5/21/12 EQ 704 EX 737 TU 722
Message 14 of 16
thojawan2000
Established Member

I just got my report, Jared updated my account to Reposession/Foreclosure. Can they do that? They also updated it from 90 days late 4 times to 90 days late 45 times? All I did was pay it in full, which they updated the balance and account to closed. I sent another GW asking for the derogs to be removed and this is what I get. Seems tI pissedsomeone off?

Starting Score: 658
Current Score: 658
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 16
Journey
Regular Contributor

You are welcome, PalmBeach! Let me know how it goes...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.