Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 point decrease??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

15 point decrease??

Hi all, Super confused today.  I did some disputing on my credit report thru EQ on some lates from 2006 and 2007 that were going to be falling off anyway, and I also disputed a Verizon 120+ that I had no idea about.  I got an alert today and my score dropped 15 points.  I got the EQ results back and all of the lates were deleted, and the Verizon dispute was rejected.  How do I get all those lates removed and LOSE 15 points?  So sad today as I'm trying to buy a house and I went from 640 to 625 Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 15 point decrease??

Bump? Anyone? So confused
Message 2 of 9
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

are these your only lates?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can only tell you what I have heard since I dispute a lot too. When you dispute they will temporarily drop your score while they investigate. Usually a score can drop because if something is deleted entirely they delete the things you did pay on time, so it's like the account never happened, so the score drops because it appears as if you have little established credit.

Lates being removed and not the whole account and  drop? Hmm, I'd like to know the answer as well. My score raised over 100 points and I dont know why. Nothing was deleted, my account changd byminus a  $1off my charge off......I dont understand how these things work.

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, did your score come from myFICO?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those were all my lates minus 1 collection which I didn't dispute and has been on there since 2010(paid), and the verizon 120+ that was rejected on the dispute.  I had 3 credit cards with lates on it that were deleted(I asked to have the lates removed, not the accounts), but sure enough I just compared the reports and the 3 accounts were infact deleted and they were from 2002/2003/2004(opened dates) and they had positive payments minus a few lates.

Why did they delete the entire account and not just the lates??? that sucks SO bad

My AAOA stayed the same at 4 years, and oldest account went from 10 years 6 months, to 10 years 8 months.

Anyone have any wisdom?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

OP, did your score come from myFICO?

Yes

Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, Super confused today.  I did some disputing on my credit report thru EQ on some lates from 2006 and 2007 that were going to be falling off anyway, and I also disputed a Verizon 120+ that I had no idea about.  I got an alert today and my score dropped 15 points.  I got the EQ results back and all of the lates were deleted, and the Verizon dispute was rejected.  How do I get all those lates removed and LOSE 15 points?  So sad today as I'm trying to buy a house and I went from 640 to 625 Smiley Sad

How bad and how recent were those lates?

I asked about FICO because when you dispute something, specifically an OC account, the payment history is ignored by FICO. So once the dispute is entered your scores had the chance to increase if the lates were hurting, and same applies to Verizon. Once the dispute clears, FICO will then fully score the lates and CO by Verizon. You would not see any gains with the lates gone because any points returned would have been seen when the dispute was first entered. I surmise that Verizon updated the CO. Look at the TL. You should see some recent dates showing within the Date Reported field and possibly the DOLA. Either of these would make the CO appear more recent and that can cause the drop.

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Why did they delete the entire account and not just the lates??? that sucks SO bad

Because that's what they do. Thankfully these had little impact on your length of history and/or AAoA. I've seen some posters on here lose a large amount of points due to lost history just by messing with old accounts. Disputing isn't always a good thing.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.