Did you mean: 

150 point spread between Highest and Lowest Credit Scores

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 150 point spread between Highest and Lowest Credit Scores

@Scenerio wrote:

twall06, 

There are so many tradelines it wouldtake forever to compare! I just started disputing everything that I thought was worth it and that I had no record of. 

Some of the balances on cards that were charged off were never set  to zero so it looked like I had higher balances in colections, which I did not. Those were removed and my CS jumped from 500 to 598, TU also removed to tradelines. 

However, my equifax dropped from 655 to 624 just from disputing items and this has not been resolved. Still working on it. 

Just because a TL is charged off does not mean it has to be at a 0 balance.  If they own the debt it can report a balance,  Only if sold or transferred does it need to show a 0 balance,

If you are disputing an OC account, certain aspects are removed from scoring so you would possibly see a drop in score.  Once the dispute is resolved your score will go back to post dispute score or could raise or drop depending on the outcome of the dispute.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.