Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

155 point increase

tag
ChangeIsPossible
Contributor

155 point increase

In four months I was able to increase my TU FICO score by 155 points. My letter from car dealership financing has my score at 467. I pulled my FICOs today and I'm at 622. 33% increase in score. It was a hard knowledgable journey I trekked, but I'm closer to achieving my goals.
I still have one collection on report, and issues to address but with the knowledge of have gained I am better equipped to tackle it.

For more information on how I did it, search "C.I.P. Rebuild"

Starting Score: 467 (Dec '13)
Current Score: 670 (Jul '14)
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: 155 point increase

Sounds good! 

I'm going to go read your journal now.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your continued success Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
WoodyBlues

I would imagine that auto credit letter score is the auto enhanced fico score, which can be quite a bit lower than your regular fico..  Trust me on this. Ive been trying to by a car for a couple months, and my auto enhance fico is in the mid 500s, but my others are over 600.  All of this is very confusing. 

08/03/2016
Ex Fico from MyFico 622 Eq Fico from MyFico 604 Tu Fico from MyFico 676
Message 4 of 8
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 8
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Wow, amazing!
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 8
ChangeIsPossible
Contributor

Figuring my next step is what I'm working on. EX is on ice because I have a HIGH amount of inquiries on it from applying for auto loans foolishly in 2012 and 2013. I want to aim for two more cards (preferably one with travel rewards) which I know May be a stretch right now. I just want to get something so I can garden for a year while having 4-5 cards age. 

i was also thinking of calling NFCU and see if they will insecure my card now, but I planned on waiting till I pay in full first Friday. 

Message 7 of 8
ChangeIsPossible
Contributor

I apped for NFCU declined! Discover declined! Barclays declined! Walmart APPOVED for 700$... now I get a free fico every month.

I should have waited on apping especially after apping NFCU first stated it was the recent public record (really collection) that is on my report. CPS reported on my report less than 6 months ago. I have since paid it, it has just not been updated.

I applied for DCU for membership and was denied. They stated it was due to recent public record and upaid chex report.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.