Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

16 point boost to TU Vantage score!!!

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

16 point boost to TU Vantage score!!!

Yes, yes, I know it's a FAKO. But, I started subscribing to zendough.com before I learned about these boards, and I've kept up my subscription because I enjoy watching my little, virtual bonsai tree (which represents the state of my credit) grow. I started at 619, and as of today I'm at 742. Under the VS, 600s are fair credit, 700s are good credit. Under the FICO scoring model, I'm getting close to transitioning from "fair" to "good"... soon, I hope.

I know that the models don't corrolate. But, the reason for the boost was from payment on an old, outstanding CC debt posting to TU. I made this payment amount last month and only got <10 point boost; don't know why such a larger one this month. Anyway, whatever the scoring model, paying down debt is always a good thing!!! I'm happy that my credit is moving in the right direction. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
sonson
Regular Contributor

Re: 16 point boost to TU Vantage score!!!

that great! your on your way. just even the smallest increase means a lot.

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.