Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17 point drop, but why?

tag
whoathere
Valued Member

17 point drop, but why?

As some of you may have seen in my other posts, I have been having a stroke of good luck.  My TU report (through the TU website, don't know if this is FICO or FAKO) was 707 last week.  I had 3 accounts showing lates (Kohls, Cap1, Nicor (gas) co.) and a paid collection from CPA (Comcast).  I GW Kohls and Cap 1, which as of today are both showing with no lates, yay!  The Nicor is being handled now, removing since Nicor no long reports to credit bureaus.  Comcast is also supposed to have something done, and there is a little confusion as to what exactly, but I haven't seen anything yet.

The only other thing to happen on my credit report, other than the removal of 2 30day-ers, is that my student loan consolidation started and I now have 2 student loans showing closed, refinanced, and a new loan popped up for the consolidation.  My score dropped 17 points.  CC utilitzation is also at almost 50%, which will be at 5% when they next report, so I'm sure that will help, but I'm curious why in the midst of baddies being removed, my score is lowering.

Also, to note, Kohls removed the baddie the day I contacted them.  My score that day went from 707-700.

Any ideas?

EQ: 629 FICO(4/4/12) 772 (6/1/2012) Lender Pull
EX: 692 FAKO(4/5/12)
TU: 707 FAKO(4/5/12) 741 (5/9/2012) Lender Pull
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Familywantsahouse
Frequent Contributor

Re: 17 point drop, but why?

The TU score from their credit monitoring is a FAKO. DH's shows as a 651 and in reality it's like a 602 (or it was a 602 before another collection came off and the FAKO went up 6 points, not sure what the FICO did yet)

My guess is that you AOAA got lowered because the student loan is showing up as a new account and the older accounts were closed. We just refinanced out car loan and when it hit in the midst of getting a ton of baddies removed, my husband's score stalled out. We're getting hit with a "new" account, and the other loan which was older was closed.

The decrese in utilization should help, and I'd imagine you'll start getting an increase each month the new loan reports (the first month our new loan reported paid after it was opened, it went up ten points)

2/24 (Lender Pull) EQ 613, TU 553, EX 589
April EQ 633, My Fico TU 638, EX ??
Current EQ 643, TU 652, EX 633 (lender pull 5/11)
Goal (we made it!!)- Over 640 middle by 5/15
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.