Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 point drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

18 point drop

Yesterday my EX score was 628 and this morning it is 610! I am not sure why it would drop. No new inquiires between yesterday and today. None of my accounts have updated balances. The weird thing is on CCT is shows 610 and once I review my report is shows 628. Guess I will have to work to get it back up.

This feeling sucks. I was 615 for the whole month of July and now this.

Has this ever happened to anyone where your score drops and have you dont know why? Its not like a collection was added or something.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 18 point drop

Have you disputed anything recently?  Sometimes that will happen if you dispute and the account information is added back on.   Pull your reports and check every detail.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt/havent dispute anything. Nothing has been added back on. No new inquiry since last week. I had two new accounts added earlier this week, but my score went up 5 points. My UTi is 29%. 

Everything on my reports, collection and charge offs, have been on there for quite some time. Im so confused as to why the dropped.

so frustrating.

Message 3 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did a creditor or debt collector file a monthly update on a delinquent debt, even if they reported no changes?

If an update is received on a CO or collection account that remains delinquent, FICO views that reporting as an affirmation that the account remains delinqent, and it effectively extends the period of delinquency in its scoring.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked again and found out what happened. Fingerhut posted with $35 (17% UTI) and my utilization went up to 30% overall. Last month it posted $0.

Just horrible

Message 5 of 6
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

The good thing is uti has no memory, pay it down, you get the points back😍😍
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.