cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st DV came back "return to sender"

tag
Regular Contributor

1st DV came back "return to sender"

The post office attempted delivery of a DV and was unsuccessful so they sent it back to me.  Should I send it again? 
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 1st DV came back "return to sender"

Who did you send it to? I would try to find a different address for the same company and send another one.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

bassethoundmom wrote:
The post office attempted delivery of a DV and was unsuccessful so they sent it back to me.  Should I send it again? 

Did you send it to the address listed on your credit report? Some can say they are reporting incorrectly based on that alone.
Message 3 of 7
Regular Contributor

Yes, I sent it to the address on my report and it's an agency here in my town so I know it's still there.  Maybe I could get them on reporting incorrectly?  Good idea Smiley Happy
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me that this collection agency is not LVNV?  They are notorious for changing addresses.
Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would check with the USPS' site and enter your tracking number. Sometimes you can see more info there than you can on the GC, like refused, undeliverable, box closed, etc.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some would say wait for the letter to come back and if it is marked "wrong address" to send copies of that and a letter to the CRA that states the CA is reporting inaccurately by providing a false address.

IMO, all this does is open a dispute and the CA can update their address and nothing will probably come from it.

Have you looked up their address in the local phone book? Is it the same that is listed on your report?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.