cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st premier is charged off but they still own it? huh?

tag
HigherFico
Regular Contributor

1st premier is charged off but they still own it? huh?

I spoke with pinnacle /integrity solutions and abt my first premier acct today and they said they are collecting for first premier and they do not own the debt. I requested a DV anyway but why did first premier say they dont own it and it is also says charged off on my credit report...what gives? Integritysaid first premier owns it

Starting Score: 520
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: 1st premier is charged off but they still own it? huh?

The charged off status means Premier told the IRS it's a bad debt that they can't collect on.

Premier still owns it but hired someone else to try to collect the money.  They will pay the collection agency a portion of what they receive.

Many companies hold onto  the debt after they have "charged it off."

Since it's been charged off, maybe suggest a settlement for less than the amount owed?  Or pay for delete?

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 1st premier is charged off but they still own it? huh?

@HigherFico wrote:
I spoke with pinnacle /integrity solutions and abt my first premier acct today and they said they are collecting for first premier and they do not own the debt. I requested a DV anyway but why did first premier say they dont own it and it is also says charged off on my credit report...what gives? Integritysaid first premier owns it

What does FP account on your CR state?  Does it say transferred/sold and show a 0 balance?  If it does it has been sold.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.