Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st success; advice on next move

tag
jacq
New Contributor

1st success; advice on next move

I got an email today from the OC agreeing to pull my account from collections after they receive the first payment of our agreement. This just happens to be my most recent negative, too!

Next move...I have a department store card with a charge off. I called the OC who said they sold it. The CA is not yet reporting on any of my CRs. I have the contact information. Should I go ahead and contact them before they initiate any actions? Any advice on how to approach them?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Re: 1st success; advice on next move

The advice people on MyFico have given me in regards to upaid collections is to send them a PFD letter. It's a letter in which we do not admit guilt but offer to pay the debt in return for deletion from the CR. Look up PFD letters in the seach function on here.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 2 of 3
jacq
New Contributor

Re: 1st success; advice on next move

Thank you, mAndrew. The CA isn't reporting it at all so far...I was hoping to address it before it appeared.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.