Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/2 Capital One Charge offs removed!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2/2 Capital One Charge offs removed!!

I have disputed these 2 charge offs a couple times and filed a complaint with CFPB.  I'm not sure which one got me success but I had a nice lady from the fraud dept call me and ask why I was disputing.  I explained my situation and she stated she saw no reason to leave this charge off on my credit report.  She is supposed to be trying to find the other charge off and call me back about removing it also if she can find it.  I was honestly not expecting to have any success with this after reading around on the forum and seeing the low success rate with Capital One.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: 1 of 2 Capital One charge off disputes successful so far!!

So the lady that called you back worked for who? What was the dispute? Pretty interested in that I have an old CAP1/KOHLS charge off from 2013.

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If there was no formal finding in either a dispute under the FCRA or a finding by the CFPB that clearly mandated their deletion, then the deletion was voluntary.

Was there some specific reason why they agreed to delete, or was it only based on their grant of good-will?

The fact that they deleted does not provide any explanation of the status of the continued status of the asserted debt itself.

Was the debt paid, or does it remain delinquent?

Does the OC even still own the debt?

The relevance is that they may have sold it, and are thus deleting to be rid of the beast.

The new owner, if there is one, could report.

What is the DOFD?

Message 3 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice that you got one of the two removed! Hopefully she'll get the second one done for you also. You're right that usually Cap1 is tough, but lately. i think I've seen some success on here.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was no finding as of yet for the dispute or cfpb. I will give more info after I hear back about second charge off. Both charge offs were paid a couple weeks ago to a CA but capital one still owned the debt. They only had the CA collecting for them. DOFD was 6/2015 and 7/2015. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 2nd charge off is now being removed!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.