cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 30-day late payments

tag
sheila007

2 30-day late payments

hi everyone. mY credit score dropped by 100 points because by negligence, I missed 2 cc payments on 2 different cc companies. Last credit score was 650 and was down to 542. Yesterday when i pulled out my annual credit report, I had one 30- late payment for capital one for february 2013 (my first late payment in almost 3 years since i joined cap one). i contacted them about this and they what they can do is send a letter to the credit bureau that i have been a good client and enclose a payment history. Will this letter erase my 30-day late payment on my credit report?
my second 30-day late payment was with Visa issued by a local bank in a small town. this is also my first late payment in 4 years since opened the cc. i contacted the issuing bank about my case and they said all they can do is send me (not the bureau) of my payment history with a letter enclosed that i have been a good payer except for this april 2013 30-day late payment. my question here is, is it ok for me to mail this letter to the 3 major credir bureaus? and where do i address it? How long will my credit score increase with this situation?
my wife and i are looking to buy a house this year and it will really break her heart knowing that our score dropped tremendously due to my negligence of keeping track of our cc payments. advise please... thank you
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: 2 30-day late payments

both credit card companies send a special 2 digit code to the bureaus to remove the late payment. The CRA's can't remove a late payment without the authroization of the creditor. 

Message 2 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

go online chat with Capital One, ask them for a goodwill deletion.  Keep sending them letters...someone may be willing to delete this late.  

This is really a bummer.  I wish there could be a standard for one goodwill deletion per account.  So sorry this has happened.

Message 3 of 6
sheila007

thanks. i chatted with capital one and they told me to send a copy of the credit report with the late payment and to send them an explanation why this happened. is this the GW letter? tnx.
Message 4 of 6
sheila007

hi DaBears. the small town bank isnt willing to send a letter to the bureau but said what they can do is give me a reference letter (not addressed to the bureaus) that i have been a good client blah blah.. can i send this to the bureau? tnx.
Message 5 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Capitalone may be willing to give you that gw...keep at it. 

You can send that letter to the bureau, but they cannot delete that late.  That's the only way to regain those points lost.  You will, however, (or I did) gain some back when your 30 day late is a month behind you.

Can you get a mtg. with one late within one year?  Possibly if your scores are good enough.  Keep trying to gw that late with the local bank.  Keep trying with CapitalOne.

Eventually, you may get that removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.