Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.9% auto loan

tag
ruger33
New Contributor

2.9% auto loan

8 months ago I could barely get an auto loan to save my life. When i finally was approved it was with19.99% interest and I was grateful. It was a stepping stone. Thanks to this forum I refinanced today at 2.99% !!! Thanks again to all the contributors here for all the sound advice!

I still have a long way to go but i'm well on my way.
Gardening with one hand as I weed with the other...
400s LP 4/13 525 LP 6/13... Forever climbing,1st goal 600s
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: 2.9% auto loan

Congratulations, that is wonderful! Have you pulled your scores lately? I saw your signature, and I bet you must at least be in those 600s that you wanted to get a rate like that!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 5
baller4life
Super Contributor

that's incredible. Congrats!

Message 3 of 5
lavencedora
Frequent Contributor

So happy for you and so encouraged to hear! I got an auto loan at 14% in May, but I have raised my score over 100 points in the past 12 months. I have a great payment record on all credit for the past 12 months, my income has quadrupaled, I only have one seemingly "recent" baddie -- a debt from 2005, resurfaced as "new" collection. I fully expect to get it deleted soon & in about 6 months plan to attempt to refinance the auto loan.  I am right on your heals! 2.9%, here I come!  Love to hear stories like yours!

Starting Score: TU 490 on 11/2012
Current Score:6/16/15:EQ 714, EX 704, TU 702 (all from myFICO)
New Goal Score: 740+ for all three
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Your making great strides 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.