Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Accounts Listed in CO Status

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Accounts Listed in CO Status

Shouldn't this verizon come off since it was listed June of 2003? it's 2009 now.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they reported it in June of 2003 I would think the DOFD is before that.  I would leave this one alone as it is probably out of suing SOL.   I will soon be out of reporting SOL.

If they are listing the balance as 0 it has been sold to a CA. 

Being a CO it will carry alot more weight than a collection.

What state are you in?

Message Edited by guiness56 on 04-18-2009 07:55 PM
Message 12 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It comes off 7 - 7.5 years after DOFD.  If it is June 03 it will come off June - Dec 2010.
Message 13 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I am in PA and I think the SOL is four years...I am not going to worry about Verizon. I have bigger fish to fry right now. I really appreciate your help.

Let me ask you this question - I paid a CA for HSBC account. Before I knew anything about PFD. The account was not listed on my cR from the CA but HSBC still has it Charge Off. But i paid if through a collection agency and made good more than good i paid half i think i paid more than the actual charge off amount. I have no bargaining chips right now. How can I possibly get this charge off status removed? I should have looked into this.

Message 14 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Let me get this right.  You paid a CA that is not reporting for a CO from HSBC, who is reporting.

How long ago did you pay the CA and is HSBC showing it as paid on your CR?  How old is it (DOFD)?

Message 15 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

I paid People First a CA about $1500 for the HSBC (the OC).  PEople first never showed up as a collection on my report that I am aware of. But HSBC the OC has it listed as a CO. This happened last spring/summer for 2008. NOw, I tried to contact Peoples First the CA but the phone number on the statement that I recieved is not a working number. I always have my bank records that used the aCH payment for People's First. I know this was a really stupid move. I made good on my word to the CA and paid 50% of my debt (that was the Agreement).

Message 16 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

HSBC doesn't show it as paid. That is the big problem. IT is listed as a CO

Message 17 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Unless you got it in writing that they would accept 50% as a settlement in full, they can still come after you for the remainder.

It will always be listed as a CO but it should be showing settled for less than full amount or paid.

Where is this CA from?

Message Edited by guiness56 on 04-18-2009 08:25 PM
Message 18 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

People's First was the CA and they are located in Minneapolis, MN. I did go to the BBB today and they are not even listed as a business...i wanted to file a complaint. I didn't get it in writing. i know, very stupid....i didn't know.

Message 19 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Look online for them.  Do not call, send a letter and copies of all your ACH transactions.  Tell them to update with the CRAs and the OC within 10 days or you will file complaints and possibly take legal action.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.