Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Accounts Listed in CO Status

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2 Accounts Listed in CO Status

Paying a CA, even under a PFD agreement, only applies to their collection account. The CA cannot agree to deleltion of account information from the OC file unless the OC has agreed,k in advance.  And I dont see that they have done this.

If you have paid the CA, I dont see any unpaid balance that you can now pay to the OC to get them to delete the charge off. 

If the OC still owned the debt, payment to them would have enabled them to delete their account.  But it looks like it might be too late for that, now that you have paid the CA.

Message 21 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thank you mr guiness. I did look on line. i called every number possible and all state the number no longer works. In looking more carefully at one of the reciepts i did recieve, Peoples First may have been working for FFPM Carmel Holdings, Inc. i don't understand that scenario...?

I guess I could take legal action. I would if i have to. I live outside of Phila. We have great lawyers. I don't know what kind of lawyer to use if I need one however/

check this out. the letter state my payment was applied at my peoples first account. it's bogus i think. I am pretty sure i was scammed.

Might Mr. Guiness have any recommendations?

Thanks again for all of your help.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Getting the account deleted was not suggested.  Getting the CA to update with the OC was. Even if the CA owns the debt it should still be reported as a paid CO.

@RobertEG wrote:

Paying a CA, even under a PFD agreement, only applies to their collection account. The CA cannot agree to deleltion of account information from the OC file unless the OC has agreed,k in advance.  And I dont see that they have done this.

If you have paid the CA, I dont see any unpaid balance that you can now pay to the OC to get them to delete the charge off. 

If the OC still owned the debt, payment to them would have enabled them to delete their account.  But it looks like it might be too late for that, now that you have paid the CA.

Message 23 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

Thank you mr guiness. I did look on line. i called every number possible and all state the number no longer works. In looking more carefully at one of the reciepts i did recieve, Peoples First may have been working for FFPM Carmel Holdings, Inc. i don't understand that scenario...?

I guess I could take legal action. I would if i have to. I live outside of Phila. We have great lawyers. I don't know what kind of lawyer to use if I need one however/

check this out. the letter state my payment was applied at my peoples first account. it's bogus i think. I am pretty sure i was scammed.

Might Mr. Guiness have any recommendations?

I am not a Mr. but I do have suggestions

Thanks again for all of your help.

I would suggest that you send the CA a DV letter.

Message 24 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your response. My only action would be to get the CO listed as a paid CO which won't help at all my score. So am I right  in thinking the HSBC is just dead? I've exhausted the avenues on this account? Just wait this one out I guess. You should know the CA didn't report the collection on my CR. Nothing from Carmel Holdings or People First exhists, just the original OC.

I know understand the reason why people want to deal directly witht he OC. They have the power.

Message 25 of 28
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

thanks again for the advise. I will send the DV as you suggested. Sorry about the Mr.

Message 26 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It is better to have a paid CO than an unpaid one.  On a manual review it will look much better. 

Unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, you learn from your mistakes and from experience.  Now you know what not to do if it ever happens again.

Message 27 of 28
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.