Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Charge Off and 2 Collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Charge Off and 2 Collections

Guys - Need your help to improve my credit score.

I have 4 CC debts from 2011. 2 have been charged off by AE and Disc reported as under Closed status and 2 from Citi which were send to 2 collection agency. Since last 3 years i am trying to improve my Credit Score, by taking a secured credit card, paying balance on time, keeping my balance to $0, even took a secured loan last year and made auto payments to see if this can help my score. Current credit card balance is $0 and even loan has been paid on regular basis. 

Pulled my Credit Report from experian yesterday and Score 590. Seems like nothing has changed since 2015. Can you please advice what can be done, i know debt is out of SOL and i have less chances of getting sued, but are all 4 affecting my score or the one with collection agency is? Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Charge Off and 2 Collections

If they are credit cards and reporting balances, they could be counted in your utilization and affecting your scores.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Two charge-offs and 2 collections = 4 major payment history derogs, which are having a very substantial effect on your score.

Each will become excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the date of first delinquency (DOFD) on the account with the original creditor.

Do you know the DOFD for each charge-off and collection?

For the charged-off accounts, creditors will often either sell the debt or refer to a debt collector after taking a charge-off.

If they did a charge-off several years ago, I would check to determine whether they have been referred or sold.

If the creditor has sold a delinquent debt, they were required to have updated the reported debt balance to show $0.

What is the currrent debt balance on each charged-off account?

If you seek removal prior to their exclusion dates, then you can make a pay for deletion (PFD) offer to the creditor or debt collector that reported to the CRA.

If they accept, then you will get the derog removed and the debt discharged.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Let me know what other details are needed

1st Charge-off -  by AE $1508 last payment Oct - 2011, last updated Jun - 2015

2nd Charge-Off - by Disc #17200, last payment Sep - 2011, last updated May - 2017

1st Collection - $7001 (This was CC account, looks like sold to collection agency, since CC company is no more reporting)

2nd Collection - 5500 (This was CC account, looks like sold to collection agency, since CC company is no more reporting)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.