Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Charge Offs Deleted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Charge Offs Deleted

I had two accounts with Colony Brands (Seventh Ave and Ginny's) that had been paid after charge off.  It took almost a month after they agreed to delete but they finally came off this morning.  I use CCT and saw a 22 point jump from 647 to 669 on EX.  That made my time since late jump from 1 month (since they updated when I paid off the charge-offs) to 23 months.  I was also able to get a Seventh Avenue paid charge-off removed from my husband's reports at the same time.    He saw a 27 point increase on EX.  Another to-do item checked off of my rebuilding logs. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Charge Offs Deleted

Keep up the good work!

Message 2 of 11
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

That's awesome.

I'm in the same situation with a small paid chargeoff through the same company.  Sent you a PM. Smiley Happy

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JayTee1 wrote:

That's awesome.

I'm in the same situation with a small paid chargeoff through the same company.  Sent you a PM. Smiley Happy

Replied.  Good luck!  

Message 4 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good job getting those removed! Instant success feeling when that happens.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 11
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

Good luck to your rebuilding.

Message 6 of 11
stfraw

WOW, that's great job. I've been trying to remove small charge-off from my auto loan with Bank of America but they said they don't do that - I offered that I will pay it if they remove it - no luck. Any clues how can it be removed?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@stfraw wrote:

WOW, that's great job. I've been trying to remove small charge-off from my auto loan with Bank of America but they said they don't do that - I offered that I will pay it if they remove it - no luck. Any clues how can it be removed?

I don't have any experience working with B of A.   Your best bet would be to use the search feature and see others experiences with B of A.  Most often if you are looking for that kind of goodwill gesture the frontline customer service reps can't help you.  You would need to contact someone at the executive level for that kind of help.  

Message 8 of 11
stfraw

I agree, I sent them a letter and they called me saying the suprevisor told them to contact me and say "they don't do that" whatever that means. Any input here would be much appreciated. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you kindly PM me what you sent them and to where/who?

My wife paid off an old account with them in full and was thrilled when, two weeks later they removed it from her credit without her asking....but NOW, they've put it back on her credit showing as a new Charge-Off and owing the money again. It's frustrating. 

Any sharing of info that helped you would be great - thanks!  And congrats on your removal(s).

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.