Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Charged off Cap One CCs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Charged off Cap One CCs

Couple years ago I literally forgot I had two small Cap One cards and they both got charged off. One has balance of $500 and one has balance of $600. These are killing me as they are closed but still count towards my utilization and have balances. Paying them off is not a problem. I have the money and could pay the 3rd party creditors tomorrow if needed but I don't want to screw it up. Any suggestions would be great. I had a family member helping me but whatever her "magic plan" was with getting these removed did not work.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Charged off Cap One CCs

I would pay them off and request from the collection agency a letter of deletion. They say it's the discretion of the CRA if they will or not, but I didn't have a problem having mine removed after I paid them off. I had a total of 9 delinquent accounts and were as current as March of this year. I paid them all off by April and called the collection agencies handling them. As soon as they were deleted from my credit report, yes, all 3 (EX, TU, EQ) deleted every single one of them, my score went up significantly. 

Only thing I can't get deleted is the released tax lien from EQ and TU. EX deleted it already.  Good luck. Hope you get can get it off your record. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.