Regular Contributor

Re: 2 Collection Agencies one account?

Third time calling Direct TV, still got a "No" we will only report the amount as paid, but the good news is we will turn your satelight back on."  Ugh!
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 Collection Agencies one account?

Just to update, I finally spoke to enough people that I thought I had figured this out.  The first collection agency said that Direct TV took the account back 11 days ago.   They told me they sent a letter to all three bureau's asking for deletion of this account.  Then I called direct TV because the second agency has not started reporting yet.  I ended up paying Direct TV, getting a confirmation number and then I called the second agency to tell them this account was already paid with Direct TV and I gave them the confirmation number.  They told me, "Direct TV was not suppose to accept payment on this account as we are the owners of this account."  I told them, "well, they took my payment so you will have to work out the details with them."  Now, I'm worried, what do you think happens in these cases?  I don't want it to show up on my report as paid collection. 
MyFico's:
June 09: TU 591, EQ 526, EX 576
June 10: TU 647 EQ 643, EX 661
March 12: TU 700 EQ 700

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}