cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Collections gone........What can I expect?

tag
GoldenBoy1
Established Member

2 Collections gone........What can I expect?

I noticed today that 2 of my old medical collections from 5 years ago were removed from my CR.   I also get a letter in the mail today saying that Cigna Healthcare had paid the bills and that the hospital never updated the CA.  

What kind of jump can i expect?  I currently have 4 collections left.  Will I see any movement from these 2 getting removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 Collections gone........What can I expect?

@GoldenBoy1 wrote:

I noticed today that 2 of my old medical collections from 5 years ago were removed from my CR.   I also get a letter in the mail today saying that Cigna Healthcare had paid the bills and that the hospital never updated the CA.  

What kind of jump can i expect?  I currently have 4 collections left.  Will I see any movement from these 2 getting removed?

May gain some points, may not, the biggest boost of course will be with your final derog being removed. Always nice to find out that a mistake has been corrected Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 4 total collection, and so far have gotten 2 removed. Both times my score went up. One time 15 points and the last 13 points I think, but its always different for everyone. Good Luck

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GoldenBoy1 wrote:

What does your credit report look like overall?  I would believe that your scores would go up?  But by how much, no one could say?  As for the baddies showing on your CR, are they just collections or do you have any late payments or other derogs?  If not, you are in a step in the right direction.  Up!  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.