Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions...

tag
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

2 Questions...

When opting out from crediting with whom I am good standing with, what is good standing?  I have 2 open accts that I have been in good standing with for 2 years-previous to that I had lates, does this count to opt out of? 

Also, I am getting ready to do the HIPPA process, why is it important to "update" my addresses?  My previous addresses are listed and it's correct.  If I call them up and tell them I have never lived at the prev addy and have it disputed then I am lying.  I don't feel comfortable with that.  So what is the reason for doing this?

TIA! =)

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 Questions...

@SunnyDaze77 wrote:

When opting out from crediting with whom I am good standing with, what is good standing?  I have 2 open accts that I have been in good standing with for 2 years-previous to that I had lates, does this count to opt out of?  As long as these are just late payments and you became current again and have stayed current then yes I believe you are considered in good standing.

Also, I am getting ready to do the HIPPA process, why is it important to "update" my addresses?  My previous addresses are listed and it's correct.  If I call them up and tell them I have never lived at the prev addy and have it disputed then I am lying.  I don't feel comfortable with that.  So what is the reason for doing this? I know nothing about the HIPAA process. I will let others advise on this.

TIA! =)

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 3
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 Questions...

I concur with MVV.  I think that opting out with a creditor to whom you owe money NOW is the thing that is the concern - a sleeping giants thing.  And I don't know what the deal is with the address thing - I know I didn't do it.  I'm on step 2 right now - just mailed on Thursday.

ETA

by "step 2", I mean "letter 2: letter to OC"

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.