Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 State tax liens.

tag
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: 2 State tax liens.

That's great! Any chance they'll also vacate the first one with a quick $50 payment?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea its definitely great news! When i called yesterday he said it would be satisfied when i paid the $50, i didnt really push after he told me that. Is that something I should try to arrange before paying the $50? Like paying to vacate? I really feel like it should be vacated, just due to how much its being adjusted down.
Message 12 of 17
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Yea its definitely great news! When i called yesterday he said it would be satisfied when i paid the $50, i didnt really push after he told me that. Is that something I should try to arrange before paying the $50? Like paying to vacate? I really feel like it should be vacated, just due to how much its being adjusted down.

Without a doubt! Vacated is much better than satisfied and may (I say may) even enable you to get them deleted from your credit reports.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea im definitely gonna jump on that tomorrow when I have 45 min to devote to being on hold. Thanks for the pointers!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they finally adjusted the final asessment from $1400 down to $50. They also vacated the 1st one so im jus waitiing for that paperwork and for the courts to realize it. This tax lien shuld clearly be vacated since I never owed anything(besides late fee). Has anyone gotten their state to vacate their tax lien over the phone? Also if anyone has an example of a letter that worked for them it'd be really awesome! Thank you.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not quite gotten to this point in my journey (I'm about to enter the negotiating stage, once my Prosper loan hits my bank account.) 

I am really curious to hear what happens, though. I'm not so lucky, since I owe the money and it wasn't a mistake, so between that and the fact that mine is for another state altogether, I don't know how much overlap there is between our circumstances. But, I'm totally cheering you on! 

PS - I'm not sure I fully understand what the $50.00 late fee on the first lien is? I read it, but my brain is pretty fried after a long week of work. Where I'm going with this: they say they can't vacate the lien for the first one since they only reduced it, instead of it being a case of no taxes owed, thus, no need for lien. I might argue that the late fee would be related to something else (ie, not taxes, per se, but instead admin or other fees - after all, how could you owe a late fee on a zero balance tax?) Therefore, the first lien should be likewise vacated since there was no actual tax burden on your part. In other words: they should vacate the first lien as well, and issue you a new charge for whatever the applicable late fee is. Just a thought... 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response and good luck! The $50 is the penalty for filing a late return. The only way to get them to re-assess my account was to file the first return with everything marked to 0 and also marked as the final return of the business. So while I didnt owe any taxes, i was still responsible for filing the tax return and the late filing that came along with it. (me being a dumb kid at the time didnt even file 1 return for my sales tax license which is how this started)

Im betting on the substantial drop from 1400 to 50 and the fact that the other one was vacated as a basis for them to vacate this one too. Having this sit as a $50 paid lien for 5 years sounds really offputting.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.