Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 baddies on CR, need advice

tag
mmunsee
Established Member

2 baddies on CR, need advice

Hey all,

I have 2 baddies on my CR.  My goal is to buy my first home in 2 years, so I need to deal with these baddies.

Account type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney

Balance: $2,968.00

Date Opened: 7/1/2010

I don't have the funds to pay this one off, is there other options to take care of this and get it deleted?

Account type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney

Balance: $562.00

Date Opened: 1/1/2010

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mmunsee
Established Member

Re: 2 baddies on CR, need advice

The 2,968.oo was last reported december 2013, so i think this one is still hurting my score pretty badly

Message 2 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I always start with the smaller debts owed. If I can't afford right now, I pay small payments biweekly.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@mmunsee wrote:

The 2,968.oo was last reported december 2013, so i think this one is still hurting my score pretty badly

If it's still reporting yes, it is. 

Message 4 of 11
mmunsee
Established Member

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello,

I always start with the smaller debts owed. If I can't afford right now, I pay small payments biweekly.

Whitneyy,  For the larger debt, can I pay that off in payments or do creditors require one large lump sum?

Message 5 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@mmunsee wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello,

Whitneyy,  For the larger debt, can I pay that off in payments or do creditors require one large lump sum?

They want their money! I have a debt that is 2,306 and I'm only paying 85$ bi weekly on that because that's all I can afford and they are greatly taking it and will delete when I'm done. They even offered me to settle after I get lower in payments and STILL delete. 

Message 6 of 11
mmunsee
Established Member

@Whitneyy wrote:

@mmunsee wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

Hello,

They want their money! I have a debt that is 2,306 and I'm only paying 85$ bi weekly on that because that's all I can afford and they are greatly taking it and will delete when I'm done. They even offered me to settle after I get lower in payments and STILL delete. 

Of course they want their money LOL.  what about settling with them for a smaller amount? and then make payments?

Message 7 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I was saying, that I don't think it matters when you pay them as long as you do. And you only do settlements if you can't be sued for the enitre balance which means you are out of the SOL.

Message 8 of 11
mmunsee
Established Member

@Whitneyy wrote:

I was saying, that I don't think it matters when you pay them as long as you do. And you only do settlements if you can't be sued for the enitre balance which means you are out of the SOL.

I am new to this, so what does SOL mean?

Message 9 of 11
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@mmunsee wrote:

@Whitneyy wrote:

I am new to this, so what does SOL mean?

Statue of Limitations. Look it up by your state.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.