Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 collection accounts, need advice

tag
TigerRed
Contributor

2 collection accounts, need advice

Hello, I have 2 collection accts that I would like to get resolved and possibly removed. 1 acct is from Credit Management LP for an orthopedic dr for about $200. It is from 2010 although all 3 of my CR's say 2011. Any suggestions on how to handle it? Should I pfd or i've heard something about using hippa but know absolutely nothing about this. It seems everyone speaks in code about it on myfico so any info on this would also be appreciated. My 2nd CA is from bull city for duke energy. I was thinking about pif to duke, then dv the CA. Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: 2 collection accounts, need advice

I would do the pfd. because even though medical. hippa is apparently forbidden here. i don't know why.

all i know is you can google hippa and it will give you the true meaning.

law apparently from 1996 that is somehow suppose to help.

i would not go thru all that for a couple hundred bucks.

if they don't Delete.

and want you to pay even in settlement.

it will not change your fico. however. on manual review at least it will show paid.

Message 2 of 6
TigerRed
Contributor

Ok thanks Taxi.....

Message 3 of 6
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Credit Management will do a PFD.

The reason the HIPAA method can't be discussed because the owner has copyrighted it and does not want it discussed on the boards.

For Duke Energy, I have dealt with them for a friend and her debt was already paid and they did NOT want to delete even after the goodwills. If you get through them with a PFD make sure they put it in writing FIRST. Just so you're covered.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 4 of 6
TigerRed
Contributor

Thank you so much Whitney. I read somewhere on here that someone paid duke energy then dv to the CA and it got removed. So I thought I would try that if I couldn't get duke to agree to having the collection removed. I asked here if anyone had any luck with duke energy but didn't get a reply so I figured it was gonna be hard but said I would try. I am gonna give duke a call on Friday. Not sure what to say or how to do this but the most they could do is tell me no.

Message 5 of 6
TigerRed
Contributor

To Whitneyy (regarding Duke Energy) -So do you think I should just do  a pfd to Bull City then? I know it's been said not to, this stuff can be confusing..... should I try to pfd Duke energy although it appears that nobody has been successful with this with duke? Thanks again. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.