Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 collection same agency?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 collection same agency?

Hi,

I had 2 difference collection that I have from Southwest Credit. One is my AT&T and other are Comcast.  I had paid in full on both account with the Southwest Credit, but only AT&T had removed from my credit files in all 3 credit bureaus, but Comcast remain in the files under collection. But it was marked as PAID.  Does anyone know why one got deleted and one remain in the files?  Why would they not deleted both?  How can I get Southwest to removed from my files. Do I send them GW letter or Comcast?

Also my score has not move at all after paid off all collection and my fico still the same. Infact my fico has not update any information.

Please help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 collection same agency?

I had the same thing happen to me before.

I kept sending them good will requests every two weeks until they deleted it.
EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you send it to the CO or the CA?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Send to whoever is reporting.

Message 4 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Send to whoever is reporting.

+1.   OP, send GWs to whomever is reporting until they remove.    The fact that they updated the debt to "paid" is correct reporting.   But congrats on the other deletion!

As for why you didn't see a score boost, there are many factors involved.   If the collection was very old, then the degoratory nature might have been diminished over time enough so that the boost to AAoA just counteracted it.  Or maybe you rebucketed.   There's so many factors involved in scoring.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent it to OC...however the OC told me to send it to CA because they are the one who's reporting to CR. Basically who ever report to CR, send the letter to them.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.