cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 collections reporting for the same debt

tag
becauseican

2 collections reporting for the same debt

Hello I have a question? I have Cavalry  and Midland reporting for the same debt to Transunion  however the amount owed is different.

Are they violating any type of credit codes by reporting the same debt?

Second question , how should I go about disputing the debt?  I disputed both collections with TransUnion last year however both came back verified.  

Thanks

becasueican      

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: 2 collections reporting for the same debt

@becauseican wrote:

Hello I have a question? I have Cavalry  and Midland reporting for the same debt to Transunion  however the amount owed is different.

Are they violating any type of credit codes by reporting the same debt?

Second question , how should I go about disputing the debt?  I disputed both collections with TransUnion last year however both came back verified.  

Thanks

becasueican      

Hi becauseican and welcome to the forums, 

Yes two CA's can be listed on your reports BUT only one can collect. I would send a DV CMRRR to both. Just cause they have the debt listed doesn't mean they own it or have collection authority. 

DaBears!!!!!

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 2 collections reporting for the same debt

It depends.  If one CA assigned the debt to the other CA then yes, they can both be listed.

But, if the CA sold the debt, they have to delete their TL.

If the OC assigned the debt to a CA and the CA returned the debt to the OC, they have to delete the TL.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.