Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 credit score very different to TU score - Need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 credit score very different to TU score - Need help

Hi,
I have a 2 part question. My credit score with TU is 660 but with the other two its around 550. How is it that i can bring the 550's up atleast close to the mid 600 mark to complement the TU score (not that its anything great).
2ndly - My parents have had 2 credit card each (2 CC for 3 yrs and 2 CC for 4 yrs each) with Great payment history. They have never missed one payment. They wanted to put me as a seconday on each of the cards.
A) would that mean, i would ruin their cc history (i would not use the credit card)
b) would it help or look bad on my credit report?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 credit score very different to TU score - Need help

Welcome to the myFICO Forums! Smiley Happy

If you've not done so already, within the last 12 months, you'll want to pull all three of your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com. This will give you the opportuntity to see your full credit reports, with each of the credit reporting agencies, and to understand what is reporting for each bureau. You'll want to go over each report with a fine-toothed comb, and highlight any errors for resolution. You'll most likely find that your reports are not identical-- some creditors report to some, but not all of the credit reporting agencies, and that may account for the differences in your scores.

And, speaking of scores, where did you pull yours from? The reason that I ask is that you can no longer purchase your Experian FICO score, so I'm wondering if your scores are FICOs, or some other scoring model (aka FAKOs).

Becoming an authorized user on your parents' accounts can help if those cards are older than your open cards, the account history is clean (which you've already said that it was), AND the reported utilization is kept low. Your credit history will not be integrated with that of your parents by becoming an authorized user, so you don't have to worry about ruining their credit by association.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I had an account with mycredithealth.com and i pulled the report from it yesterday. It gave me all 3 reports. Should i pull another one from the website you are talking about? Per the report, i have 5 negative and 5 positive accounts. The cc that i have is from jan, these are much older. My parents are very fussy with their cc. If they buy anything, they pay it off the next day. So do you think this will help? And usually how much does it change my score by?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
ArmyStrong
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I'd pull another one from annualcreditreport.com. Make sure it is exactly that website as there are other sites similar in name. This one is where you can pull all three reports for free, once a year. Your reports should be the same wherever you pull them from, but the scores will be different. As I understand it, myFico.com is the only place to get true fico scores, sans Experian. If your parents CC is older than yours, when you're added as an AU, it will increase the length of your credit history. Which should raise your scores when they report. There is no way of telling by how much the increase will be as no one knows the scoring system to that degree. Too many variables I guess. Your account history, accounts for 15% of your score.
TU: 556 12/12/08 ~ EQ: 509 12/12/08 ~ EX: 509 12/12/08
TU: 588 8/7/09 ~ EQ: 529 7/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (509 12/12/08)
TU: 619 9/01/09 ~ EQ: 608 9/01/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 626 9/30/09 ~ EQ: 624 9/30/09 ~ EX - ?? (640 FAKO 9/01/09)
TU: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL EQ: 624 10/7/09 LO PULL EX: 659 10/7/09 LO PULL
Message 4 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Greetings....you have come to the right place to fix your credit.

It was mentioned above about getting your 3 reports...the site they spoke of in linked in my signature block.  Follow that link.  Also, check the abbreviation link.  That is very helpful here as we all use those abbreviations rather than typing everything in full.

Lastly...the scores.  If you use a 3 in 1 product for monitoring your reports...that's cool, most of us do.  BUT do not pay attention to their scoring process. It means nothing.  I have also linked the 3 places you can get your REAL FICO scores, and unless you belong to a certain credit union in PA, you do not have access, as a consumer, to buy your EXperian FICO score.  For the most part, we all just assume our EX score is the lowest one.  If it turns out to be higher, via LO pull...well, that's icing on the cake.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.