Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 for 2 with Credit One charge off removals

tag
dave36021
Regular Contributor

2 for 2 with Credit One charge off removals

both myself and wife each had charge offs on our report from Credit One from 2009. I sent a goodwill email in 2014 for myself for a removal but was denied. Then in April I came across a post here about Credit One and got me trying again. So I sent out the email again to the CEO of Credit One end of April and got the same generic email that I would get the response in writing in 7-10 days. I got my letter that following week saying they were removing since they sold the debt and have no financial interest in the account any more. I waited a little bit and the accounts were removed from all CRA's. So after that I decided to send off another email for my wife, got the email response that we would hear back in 7-10 days. Today got her letter and they are removing for her also.

I was very honest in my goodwill letter saying that I am planing to get a mortgage and it is holding us back. I also put in her letter that they were removing mine as a hope that they would remove on the first letter. Not sure if that worked or what but so glad to get them off our reports. Still have a way to go on hers mine is almost all clear.

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 for 2 with Credit One charge off removals

It might have been a combination of that and the fact that it was probably coming up on reporting exclusion time
Message 2 of 36
dudleyduke

could you pm the address or emails you used to send the gw letters i have a charge off from credit one that is killing my score as i try rebuilding towards a mortage

Message 3 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pm sent. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 36
enragedjerry
Contributor

Hey unclebuck could you please send the Pm fo me as well. Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 36
enragedjerry
Contributor

Today I received the mail the envelope said Credit One on top but unfortunately I didn't have the same luck as you. They said that the account was sold to LVNV Funding and the information reported on it prior to it being sold was accurate and they according to the fair credit act cannot delete it 😢😢😢.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would also like that contact info please
Message 8 of 36
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@enragedjerry wrote:
Today I received the mail the envelope said Credit One on top but unfortunately I didn't have the same luck as you. They said that the account was sold to LVNV Funding and the information reported on it prior to it being sold was accurate and they according to the fair credit act cannot delete it 😢😢😢.

Don't give up. Keep trying to send the request to whomever has the collection.  It can take multiple times, but can still happen for you!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 36
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@enragedjerry wrote:

I wonder how it can be legal to sell your debt to yourself, i.e. Credit one to LVNV, which, as far as I know are both owned by Sherman. I wonder if it is legal for the SAME parent to report 2 derodatory TL's? (since Credit One, and LVNV will now be on your reports, but, in the end, it is the same company... )

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.