cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 initial PFD!! ...now how to get score increased?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 initial PFD!! ...now how to get score increased?

I've just recently begun my credit repair not only for myself, but my husband as well.  We both made alot of stupid mistakes when we were in our early 20's and didn't understand how badly it would impact us.

So overall my credit report isn't that bad.

4 collections, 3 of which are medical 1 an old Qwest bill.

REMOVED:

Anesthesiology Bill (medical)- $142, agreed to PFD 6/8 paid that day

Qwest Bill- $111.57, agreed to PFD 6/15 paid that day.  It was with West Asset Management but they are now stating they don't own, I contacted Century Link (bought Qwest) and she said she would take payment and have the dept who handles the collection agencies delete the information.  I have this in writing through a chat conversation, I clarified with her that it would be deleted and she plainly stated yes so I'm hopeful.

Remaining:

Pediatrix (medical)- $133, sent PFD letter 6/12

Bill from my Obgyn (medical)- $330, waiting on PFD letter since I need to actually be able to pay it

I got an alert that I have a new tradeline 6/12 from Tucson Medical Center for $729, its now with West Asset Management.  Its not on my report yet, but since I got this notice it will be when I get my report updated within 30 days.  Smiley Sad 

The rest of my credit report is as follows:

1 "restricted" capital one card with a $1500 limit (the limit still reports but I can't charge anything new), its been paid on time for over 2 1/2 years but I made a stupid oversight in January and the payment went 30 days late when I thought it was already made.  I'm attempting to GW it, but they're being extra difficult due to the "restricted" status.

1 capital one card with $500 limit, never been late 12 on time payments.

1 charged off capital one card, has been charged off since 2008.  The balance is now around $1005 when my limit was only $300!!!  When I've gotten the rest of the things paid off I'm going to attempt to send PFD letter making 6 payments to payoff the balance.  I've heard capital one is difficult with PFD, so I plan to pay it off regardless and then send GW letters.

1 wells fargo credit card, paid off 2010 but was closed by wells fargo.  They have refused to remove so far.

Here's my big issue, I have student loans.  Over $69k worth for 5 years at college.  When I graduated I had terrible job prospects and struggled with the over $600 payment each month so I've had spotty payment history with them.  I've been making ontime payments and have been paying for the last 6 months (there are 13 trade lines for all the studen loans). 

I KNOW this is my major issue. Has anyone had any luck with GWing Sallie Mae?

With this information, what should I do to raise my scores?  They're super low right now.  I was just approved (6/8) for a secured card from capital one, just waiting to actually recieve it.  Other than this, is there anything else I can do to get my numbers up?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 initial PFD!! ...now how to get score increased?

No one has any advice on a good route to take?

Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Keep plugging away. YOu'll start to see some dramatic movement when the last baddies drop.

On CapOne, they like to report monthly and is a major drain on your score because it still factors into util and they like to add their lates. IMO, PIF ASAP. Avoid payment plans.

I wouldn't add anymore credit.

Be very careful about getting PFDs via phone. I've seen countless examples in here where the creditor "forgot" about the PFD agreement.

What's wrong with Wells Fargo?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo got really behind I was up to a $1990 balance with a $1000 limit.  Luckily they didn't charge off the account but they did close it.  I paid the balance down to $0 in 2010 but its still showing all the negative months on my report.  I should probably start good willing the crap out of them to remove the line.

So basically at this point just keep making on time payments, try to get the last 3 collections removed by paying in full and when I get the $1000 pay in full the capital one charge off and just alot of on time payments from here on out with bringing down the UTI on my cards?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inc. your name and get a TIN and rebuild under your name inc.

Message 5 of 6
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Inc. your name and get a TIN and rebuild under your name inc.

Huh???

I actually know what your saying (I've seen that shady advice before).  But I really do not think it belongs here.  Just my opinion....

BTW - Off topic and from your signature....  You did not have a "0" score in 2010.  This is impossible.  You either didn't show up or you had a 300+ score.  It is almost impossible to get below 400 so I'm guessing you had at least that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.