cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 negatives deleted; score dropped!?!?!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 2 negatives deleted; score dropped!?!?!

@jwright343 wrote:

Why would a negative acct have any effect on AAoA?  I thought only acoounts in good standing counted towards AAoA. So does that mean that when and If a negative account is settled and/or deleted, the AAoA will drop as well?   Thanks for the feedback.

Because FICO inlcudes all OC accounts, open, closed, good or bad.  Settling or paying has no impact on your AAoA.  The negative will remain until it turns positve and then stay for up to 10 years from date closed or if it becomes excluded at the end of the 7.5 years from the DoFD.  In either case, only then will your AAoA be impacted.

Message 11 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 2 negatives deleted; score dropped!?!?!

@jwright343 wrote:

No, those weren't my only negatives.  I have also have BK from 05 and a very small 150$ medical collections that I'm awaiting to here back on a PFD.  What exactly do you mean by 'rebucketed into a new scoring bracket'?  Thanks for your help.

Then more than likely you have not been rebucketed as you still have major derogatories on your CR.

Everyone is placed in different buckets (scorecards) based on the information in your credit report.  Dirty buckets are negative accounts, lates, etc.  There are buckets for AAoA and such also.  You move from bucket to bucket as things change on your credit report.

Someone posted a link to a very informative discussion of bucketing.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.