Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 new car loans on credit report

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

2 new car loans on credit report

I just refinanced my car to drop my payment about $200/month. The bank it was with doesnt report to any credit bureaus. I lowered my payment because my fiance needed a new car and to make up the monthly difference I shaved a couple hundred off of mine to cover hers. We couldve afforded both regardless, but we like to keep expenses low and pay more when we can.

So I will go from having NO Auto loans on my credit report, to having 2 reporting. I know short term this will hurt my AAOA, but this will be a good thing by thickening my file correct? Im not too concerned with adding the new accounts, Im more focused on my future credit rating being helped.

Basically Im feeling nervous about adding two new accounts and just hope to hear that this will be good in the long run? haha thanks for any advice Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 new car loans on credit report

You will of course take a hit for on your AAoA and for the inquiries.  But this will fade fairly quickly and you have added a couple of positive TLs that will help to build your CR up.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.