Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 out of 3 child support delete success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 out of 3 child support delete success

Like title says I was able to dispute and deleted child support from transunion and experian but was not able to get it off on equifax. How do I tackle equifax again do I file another dispute? Wait a few months to do so? File dispute with documentation? What is best move? How can 2 cb delete and one not I don't understand.
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 out of 3 child support delete success

If you have some documentation to support the reasoning for it needing to be deleted, I'd dispute it again with that supporting documentation.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 22
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A factor in the removal of overdue child support derogs is the requriment of FCRA 622 that if the information is either reported or verified by a government agency, the CRA must include the reporting.  Who reported the info, and has it ever been verified by a govenrment agency?

If the CRA simply picked it up ftom a public records review, it could be deleted, but if actually reported or verified by a government agency, it should not.

Did the CRA offer any explanation?

"FCRA 622.  Information on overdue child support obligations

Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, a consumer reporting agency shall include in any consumer report furnished by the agency in accordance with section 604 [§ 1681b] of this title, any information on the failure of the consumer to pay overdue support which

(1)      is provided

• (A) to the consumer reporting agency by a State or local child support enforcement agency; or

• (B) to the consumer reporting agency and verified by any local, State, or Federal government agency; and

(2)      antedates the report by 7 years or less."

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed this child support account on all 3 CRA the reason for dispute was the child support account has been closed and fully paid off in 2011. Now on my credit report it was as account status open last payment 2011. So I disputed account status and 2 of the 3 CRA deleted account. Now I think I should re dispute but this time with documentation from court that account is in fact closed.
Message 4 of 22
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Resolution of such a dispute would only require update of the status, not deletion of the reporting.

Yes, a dispute can be used to obtain correction, but any deletion would be optional, and not mandated.

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Child support is the freaking devil. I will dispute again hopefully i get this off my report.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Child support is the freaking devil. I will dispute again hopefully i get this off my report.
Child support is not factored into your FICO score so other than for cosmetic reasons leaving it on your reports means little. http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/WhatsNotInYourScore.aspx
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

U might be right but when they are reporting 16's 120 lates and 3 good payments with an open status I think I want that off.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
U might be right but when they are reporting 16's 120 lates and 3 good payments with an open status I think I want that off.

I feel like you'd be hard-pressed to get anyone to GW late payments on child support. It's good you paid it off, but the laws are pretty clear that they will remain for 7 years and it's hard enough to get people to remove inconsequential debt lateness removed. I'd focus on other things for the time being in repairing your credit.

- C

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this is how equifax is reporting
Last activity 2004
Status open
Status date feb 2011
Balance $0
Pays as agreed
15 120 lates with not even 1 good payment on it
Already got transunion and experian to delete only equifax left
This account has been closed since 2011 in court
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.