Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 out of 3 child support delete success

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 out of 3 child support delete success

You're very lucky you got it removed from 2/3. You can keep trying, but they are supposed to include them. 

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It so beautiful finally not seeing that on credit report. I look at my credit report every 10 minutes and not seeing it makes me feel like I am reborn again!
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!! Well today I went to child support agency and talked to my social worker and she said she put in for a deletion on that account!! All with just a few key strokes on the keyboard! So now I guess I just wait to see when it updates.
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

how did this work out for you OP?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was deleted off my reports. Been doing the happy dance ever since.
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Child support is the freaking devil. I will dispute again hopefully i get this off my report.

Smiley Indifferent

As a single mother whose child's father never paid me a dime of child support, I strongly request you reconsider making statements like this to thousands of strangers.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This.

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear OP... I had four lates just pop up last year while never having a late payment in 10 years... frustrating
Message 18 of 22
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Child support is the freaking devil. I will dispute again hopefully i get this off my report.

Smiley Indifferent

As a single mother whose child's father never paid me a dime of child support, I strongly request you reconsider making statements like this to thousands of strangers.

You may not want to hear this. but even folks doing the "right" thing have problems with these agencies screwing it up and reporting inaccurate information... Buerocracy at work... Best analogy is the DMV...  

Intentionally avoiding how stacked the support system is against men... Dealing with red tape is red tape... Some folks want to just get on with their life without roadblocks... 

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Indifferent

You may not want to hear this. but even folks doing the "right" thing have problems with these agencies screwing it up and reporting inaccurate information... Buerocracy at work... Best analogy is the DMV...  

Intentionally avoiding how stacked the support system is against men... Dealing with red tape is red tape... Some folks want to just get on with their life without roadblocks... 

1) Men aren't the only ones who pay child support.

2) Not paying child support is not paying child support and it directly affects the children.

3) I have joint custody now, and I make 3x what my child's father does and I have to pay child support now even though he didn't give me anything for 7 years and made me homeless repeatedly.

4) My father didn't pay child support and actively evaded it by working under the table construction jobs until my sister was 18.

Paying child support is important, and while everyone can understand people get behind in all sorts of bills, saying child support is a problem and being thrilled to be rid of it in a public forum is just plain gross. You're talking about children that you have had the responsibility to take care of, and complaining about either your inability or reluctance to do so in a way that reflects instead of on yourself, on the agency that is merely trying to make sure that children are taken care of by both of their parents financially. 

If you have a problem with the agency and believe they mishandled your accounts, then say that. 

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.