Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 public records

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

2 public records

I check credit karma periodically to make sure nothing shows up on my credit report. They show you what effects you credit score and one of the things they talk about is public records. They list 2 things for me a judgement and my bk filing which is correct. Now I have a judgement that I included in my bk7 in 2011 but i wondered if that is hurting my credit score? The judgement reports as included in bk like it should. I read on my fico that you can get a judgement vacated after a year post bk but I haven't had any luck getting it removed from my public record. I filed the paperwork with my clerk of courts but they haven't done anything with it since 2013

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 public records

@svtthis wrote:

I check credit karma periodically to make sure nothing shows up on my credit report. They show you what effects you credit score and one of the things they talk about is public records. They list 2 things for me a judgement and my bk filing which is correct. Now I have a judgement that I included in my bk7 in 2011 but i wondered if that is hurting my credit score? The judgement reports as included in bk like it should. I read on my fico that you can get a judgement vacated after a year post bk but I haven't had any luck getting it removed from my public record. I filed the paperwork with my clerk of courts but they haven't done anything with it since 2013

Any PR is going to overshadow your report and that includes the judgment. Your score isnt reduced equal amounts for each PR that reports its dependent on your overall profile. The BK is the bigger of the 2 PRs as far as severity. You need to actually file a motion in that court that the judgment be vacated on grounds it was IIB, just filing or sending them the BK papers isnt enough to get it removed from your CR, only a judge can vacate a judgment.

Message 2 of 6
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

I did file the motion with my court house but for some reason they haven't had a judge sign off on the motion yet. Its been 2+ years since I did that
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@svtthis wrote:
I did file the motion with my court house but for some reason they haven't had a judge sign off on the motion yet. Its been 2+ years since I did that

Have you checked with the court to see if its  been vacated or not?

Message 4 of 6
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Yea it just says it was caseload reassigned twice and then shows where I filed it back in 2013
Message 5 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Call and speak to the Clerk of the Court.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.