Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 settlements already ?

tag
Muff
Regular Contributor

2 settlements already ?

I have a student loan from Capella university , it was sent to collection in August. Still not showing on my credit report, thank God. In September the CA offered a $900 settlement on the $1475.00 loan, I was going to take it , I have $500 of it now, I called them & told them I won't have the other four until Thanksgiving so we set up a payment arrangement for $900, already gave them my visa number forDec 1 just so I could insure they knew I was taking the settlement also in hopes I can stop further collection on account such as reporting to my CR. WELL today I checked my mail I now have a $500 settlement offer 😮 why are they so quick to offer these lòw settlements?? Any?? I mean it's a good thing but it's strange. The CA is enterprise recovery systems, I have both letters so it is in writing. I'm tempted to pay the settlement for $500 next Friday and call & canceled the $900 post date, I'll pay this by cashiers check or money order and cancel my debit card for a new one, after all Christmas is approaching and I can't pay $500 then have them  TAKE $900. Any thoughts ? Thanks 

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.