Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 steps forward, 1 step back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 steps forward, 1 step back

So....I woke up this morning to check CK, which updated (fakos I know, I know), but down 10 - 12 points on TU and EQ....

A quick look showed that my two OLD, very old, student loans that were paid in full with no lates ever, fell off!    Sigh....I knew it would happen someday...I have just been so encouraged with rising points every check.

Such is life!   I'll keep on working Smiley Happy

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 steps forward, 1 step back

@Anonymous wrote:

So....I woke up this morning to check CK, which updated (fakos I know, I know), but down 10 - 12 points on TU and EQ....

A quick look showed that my two OLD, very old, student loans that were paid in full with no lates ever, fell off!    Sigh....I knew it would happen someday...I have just been so encouraged with rising points every check.

Ha, ha!

LolaCat,

My CK scores do some very weird stuff. I've been improving my credit, adding new accts, paying down balances and they are crashing with every alert. I was way up over 700 with both CK scores a couple of weeks ago and they keep dropping 20+pts with each positive move I make.

My CCT and Ultimate 3B (myFICO) scores are way more stable and often don't move at all with a new alert.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 steps forward, 1 step back

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha, ha!

LolaCat,

My CK scores do some very weird stuff. I've been improving my credit, adding new accts, paying down balances and they are crashing with every alert. I was way up over 700 with both CK scores a couple of weeks ago and they keep dropping 20+pts with each positive move I make.

My CCT and Ultimate 3B (myFICO) scores are way more stable and often don't move at all with a new alert.

Sky,  stay positive!   I thought CK only took open accounts into their formula but I guess not.    I've a few weeks before my triple CCT update so it's all I have to look at Smiley Happy   It hurts to lose an old positive account.       Maybe it's time to seriously consider adding a loan into my mix.....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.