Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 steps forward and 10 steps back :(

tag
FinancialFreedom531
Established Member

2 steps forward and 10 steps back :(

Okay.. UGH!! I have been working and working on getting my baddies removed. I have been doing GREAT so far as I was able to get 2 charge offs removed, 2 collections removed, and a collection changed to PIF (even though thats not so great!!! GW will be sent monthly its Portfolio recovery)

Well, since my rebuilding began in late April, I have been approved for 4 CC. 2 comenity through shoppingcart, 2 CO, and a auto loan from CO(Capital One).. Everything was GREAT.. guess too great. PIF all new accounts! I mean just great I fell awesom. Well of couse the auto loan wasn't paid in full.

ANYWAY.. I get an alert that a collection was added AND a 30 day late!! FOR WHAT!!!

Apparently I have a school loan that is NOT with Sallie Mae (which I pay on time everymonth) and the payment is a measly $40 for this "outside" student loan. Okay, no contact had been made with me. I am BEYOND pissed. In my mind, I'm like "why didn't i get a call." And then Im pissed ALL OVER AGAIN, because its JUST $40!!! Maybe try to GW?

NEXT

Well, My graduate school messed up and gave me a refund on grant money and then said "Whoops, two years ago we gave you an extra$1513." Well, the real whoops is the school never called me to let me know this and BOOM its not a collection on my report. GOODNESS... I will NEVER get out of this dang pit and looks like I will NEVER get my own home :-( I'm sooo close to giving up...

Sounds more like a rant right? No I'm really looking for advice.

Starting score: 586 (lender pulled) TU
GOAL: 700
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 steps forward and 10 steps back :(

Actually, for the $40 I would call them and see what they can offer since it seems like some type of miscommunication. Remind them that you have paid them monthly on time, and this was just unforseen on your behalf.

Might work. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

never give up!

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in a similar situation so I feel you. I have been recently building/rebuilding credit (only medical collections that recently fell off of Experian and EQ, TU still has one set to go off next month.) Anyways, my FAKE EX was 701 and EQ was 691, recently was approved for 6 cards, 3 store and 3 CC, and then BOOM last week, got an alert from EX and 2 derogatory were added. I literally cried. I did a PFD on one and it should be off in the next 30 days but will pay pyre on the second one. My credit score took a huge decrease and I am once again listed as "Poor" credit. It's never ending but don't give up! You will get there. I'm planning to just garden mine for awhile and take excellent care of the recent TL's I was given!
Message 4 of 11
eric19k
Established Contributor

Don't get too stressed. It takes time.
I was reading lately that collections less than $100 not counted and don't have an impact.
Also I would offer PFD or PIF and GW.
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 5 of 11
burghpa
Regular Contributor

patience and persistence is the key in rebuilding, so don't give up.

2013 Feb EQ: 550 | 2017 Feb EQ: 722

Message 6 of 11
BlessedHappiness
New Contributor

Don't give up! You've accomplished too much and the successes you gained are not easy to achieve. Keep pushing. You will make it. I'm working on it too. One thing and one day at a time.
Message 7 of 11
FinancialFreedom531
Established Member

Thanks all!! I am trying.. I guess I was in my feelings when I posted. I am so motivated to learn more and do better. If only they taught credit 101 in high school. Lol

Starting score: 586 (lender pulled) TU
GOAL: 700
Message 8 of 11
kjel
Established Contributor

Rebuilding is like a roller coaster ride, up and down as you go along. I started in the 540s and crawled to the 560s, busted down to 517. Kept trudging along and now 18 months later I'm in the 640-680 range and closing in on 700 fast. Every now and then something pops up (I swear creditors know you are trying to rebuild!) but with the knowledge I've gleaned from here, I've been successful in defending my gains. Keep at it.
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 9 of 11
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Call and speak to a human.  Apologize and beg forgiveness.  Call again and again and again.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.