Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 weeks since PFD sent - should I call?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 weeks since PFD sent - should I call?

I had a car lease with Toyota Financial that went to full term, all payments on time. We decided to turn the car in at the end and buy a new car using Toyota financing. A year later, I see an entry from them on my CR saying I owed $443. I inquired about it and found that it was due to alleged excessive wear, which was not mentioned at all by the dealer taking the car back, as the car was in great shape.

Long story short, I contacted the dealer to complain and did manage to get them to pay me for 50% of the charges, even though the contract language did indeed say a 3rd party would be evaluating the vehicle (I didn't read all the fine print). Toyota had an old mailing address for me, past the forwarding date. I then sent a PFD to Toyota stating that I was still a loyal customer with a new car being paid on time, blah blah....

It's been 2 weeks, and the letter went to the address listed on the CR which is local to me. Should I give it some more time or try and call in a PFD agreement? I am leary of doing anything over the phone since they have no obligation to play ball. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2 weeks since PFD sent - should I call?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a car lease with Toyota Financial that went to full term, all payments on time. We decided to turn the car in at the end and buy a new car using Toyota financing. A year later, I see an entry from them on my CR saying I owed $443. I inquired about it and found that it was due to alleged excessive wear, which was not mentioned at all by the dealer taking the car back, as the car was in great shape.

Long story short, I contacted the dealer to complain and did manage to get them to pay me for 50% of the charges, even though the contract language did indeed say a 3rd party would be evaluating the vehicle (I didn't read all the fine print). Toyota had an old mailing address for me, past the forwarding date. I then sent a PFD to Toyota stating that I was still a loyal customer with a new car being paid on time, blah blah....

It's been 2 weeks, and the letter went to the address listed on the CR which is local to me. Should I give it some more time or try and call in a PFD agreement? I am leary of doing anything over the phone since they have no obligation to play ball. Thoughts?

With PFD you want to give them at least a month to answer. If you see no change on your CR and have not heard from them after a month then send out another PFD offer.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 weeks since PFD sent - should I call?

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but just wanted some reassurance.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.