Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 point Jump on lowest score!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

20 point Jump on lowest score!

My score has been solid at 633 for a while with EX give it take about 2 points. Today I got an email Fromm experian saying a change was detected on my report and to login to see it.

So I login and see my FICO score jumped from 633 to 653 and I'm thinking what happened so I go over to my alerts section and the only thing it shows is a new address reported notification and I'm thinking how does a new address met you 20 points?!

So I manually review every item on my CR and I notice a Collection account deleted I look up and down and even refresh it was gone! I was so happy I got an email from the CA maybe 3 days ago that said they would be closing the account in their office but that it would take a minimum of 5-30 days to show up as removed and even then I was still skeptical they'd delete it because they gave no real reason for their decision to close the account. Either way I'm happy though for the time being all 3 scores are above 650 for the first time ever!

Last year scores were high 400's/low 500's I would honestly contribute a majority of getting me on my rebuild to my student loans. I have about 13 open and they've been the only positive accounts on my report for the last 3 maybe 4 years while I've been in college I think because the government pays the interest while in college it's shown as a payment which created a really good payment history and aged accounts. When I logged into CK in March I noticed a jump in my score from 400's to 545 and I knew from there I could do it I've read many posts here that gave me the guidance and inspiration to get to where I am and hopefully to 700 within the coming months!

Thanks guys Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Fleuriste
Regular Contributor

Re: 20 point Jump on lowest score!

Congratulations!  Did you initiate any action with the CA before getting the email that they were going to close the account?  

Starting FICO 8's (7/2016) EQ 715|| TU 743 || EX 762
Current FICO 8's (10/2022) EQ 838|| TU 828|| EX 826
Goal FICO 8's: 780 across the board - Goal met 9/2018;
Next Goal FICO 8's: 800 across the board - Goal met 10/2022
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I requested validation but all they sent were papers that said "Previous Balance" which doesn't prove much so I submitted a complaint to CFPB.
Message 3 of 5
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I hope to see a similar jump soon with all the collections I took care of.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.