Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 point bump

tag
jimblack
Established Member

20 point bump

Just got an alert and went and pulled a new equifax report from myfico, and I went from 620 to 640.............Im very happy.  I have been working like crazy the last 3 weeks to get some movement.  I have read every thing there is to read on this forum and signed up for everything.  With the knowledge gained here, I removed myself as a AU from a friends home depot card which carried a 10k balance on a 15k limit.  I then paid down some of my revolving credit and then filed dispute on current balances on those revolving accounts...................and boom, I have my 20 point bump today.  I still have 2 revolving accounts showing wrong balance(I have also paid these way down as well) so when these accounts report, I should be due another good bump.

Funny tho I didnt get my alert from scorewatch.  I got it from my membership with Equifax.  I have all my alert settings set just like all these forums say to do and still no alert.  Thats a bit frustrating.  I really dont want to have to pay membership at equifax, however, it seems as though thats best way to get alerts.

Im really tempted to pull another TU and see what it has jumped to as well

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jimblack
Established Member

Re: 20 point bump

Ok,  I did go and pull my TU also...................no change in score, however, Home Depot account that I was a AU on was dropped  but here is the crazy thing, my wifes AMEX account just showed back up.  I was an AU on that and removed myself last year.  I pulled a TU on the 24th of Jan and the Amex was not there.................why would it get put back on????????

Thats just crazy cause it carries a balance of 22k.

I guess I need to go file another dispute.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.