Did you mean: 

200 point DROP today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 200 point DROP today!

@rckstrscott wrote:

@fishbjc wrote:

Well, someone with my husbands close name or ss filed bk....it ended up on his report and we lost our dream house over it.  Took forever to get it taken care of.

Wish there was an easy or quick solution.

Esp experian. They love to play God/dess...

I had a public record for years on there that didn't belong to me. I was able to remove it after many disputes by getting a notorized copy of the public record in question, and alligned every possible reporting feature from it to my experian report, and sent to to them CMRRR saying 'see, this is clearly not mine. keep pushing and I am going to sue you" -- that finally worked.

I really hope it's not that hard. I don't have the patience to wait for more than one dispute. If the CEO's secretary won't help me and they reject my first dispute after that, I will walk into a courthouse and sue them very rapidly for defamation and libel. That ought to get their attention.

Message 11 of 25
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I'd say that would get their attention!

Message 12 of 25
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow, that's crazy. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Hope you can take care of it quickly!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 25
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully it will come off of their fast and easy.  If not, then maybe a small claims lawsuit will do the trick.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 25
starry1
Valued Contributor

Hey OP, the Experian number I called is 800-509-8495.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 15 of 25
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Legit or not, know OP that your FICO score didn't decrease 200 points. FAKO is as FAKO does. Definitely takes steps to get it removed though.

Message 16 of 25
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Well if you dispute it and they come back verified..... I have one simple abbreviation for you and I can guarantee if you have proof that it does not belong to you it will get removed. The magic word is CFPB.

EQ I fought with for months and had proof. Reported to CFPB gone in seven days.

TU had a major issue that dropped my score 32 points. Never could get it resolved even with proof. Filed with the CFPB. Ten days later the COO of TU called me  personally " with the help of a high up agent resolved my problem in four hours"  His comment was " All this CFPB stuff is new to us however we take it very seriously"

Just make sure you go though the normal dispute process before you file with the CFPB.

Good luck.

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@starry1 wrote:

Hey OP, the Experian number I called is 800-509-8495.

Thanks! But it says I need a repot number. I bought a report from Experian's website but there is NO report number on it. Only a member ID number and that's not working for the automated system. Any ideas?

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mondavi wrote:

Well if you dispute it and they come back verified..... I have one simple abbreviation for you and I can guarantee if you have proof that it does not belong to you it will get removed. The magic word is CFPB.

EQ I fought with for months and had proof. Reported to CFPB gone in seven days.

TU had a major issue that dropped my score 32 points. Never could get it resolved even with proof. Filed with the CFPB. Ten days later the COO of TU called me  personally " with the help of a high up agent resolved my problem in four hours"  His comment was " All this CFPB stuff is new to us however we take it very seriously"

Just make sure you go though the normal dispute process before you file with the CFPB.

Good luck.

AWESOME advice. Thank you! I checked out their site and it seems they have a very neat and organized form for submitted just such disputes. I will certainly do this if Experian doesn't delete it after the first dispute. MANY thanks for telling me about CFPB. First time I've ever heard about it on these boards!

Message 19 of 25
starry1
Valued Contributor

Well, no.  I had a report number because I had a hard copy report.  That's where I got the phone number from.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.