Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200 point DROP today!

tag
750Hopeful
New Contributor

200 point DROP today!

Just updated my credit report today and noticed a new judgement. Previously, I had a judgement from American Express for $12,000 on all 3 CBs, but I got Equifax and TransUnion to delete because I paid and satisfied it already. But it only remained on Experian. So I disputed it again with Experian. And guess what? Today it shows that my Amex judgement on Experian is gone, but it's been replaced by a judgement from USAmeribank with an outstanding debt of $800,000!!! My Experian score plunged over 200 points! Total BS! That USAmeribank judgement belongs to a family member who lives in the same city and had the judgement filed with the same court, but my name is nowhere on it.

How the heck could Experian add a judgement to my report that belongs to someone with the same last name, but my first name is nowhere to be found on it?

Talk about a big step back!!! Smiley Sad

Is there some executive office I can call at Experian to take care of this immediately so that I don't have to wait weeks to get it removed?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: 200 point DROP today!

@750Hopeful wrote:

Just updated my credit report today and noticed a new judgement. Previously, I had a judgement from American Express for $12,000 on all 3 CBs, but I got Equifax and TransUnion to delete because I paid and satisfied it already. But it only remained on Experian. So I disputed it again with Experian. And guess what? Today it shows that my Amex judgement on Experian is gone, but it's been replaced by a judgement from USAmeribank with an outstanding debt of $800,000!!! My Experian score plunged over 200 points! Total BS! That USAmeribank judgement belongs to a family member who lives in the same city and had the judgement filed with the same court, but my name is nowhere on it.

How the heck could Experian add a judgement to my report that belongs to someone with the same last name, but my first name is nowhere to be found on it?

Talk about a big step back!!! Smiley Sad

did you say 800k?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy. Crap.

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 25
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Personally I'd work through the county clerk (I assume they are the reporting entity), they could verify the info and update the CRAs in a matter of days. Dispute with CRAs and you may be stuck with the whole 30 day waiting game.
Message 3 of 25
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Crossdivided wrote:
Personally I'd work through the county clerk (I assume they are the reporting entity), they could verify the info and update the CRAs in a matter of days. Dispute with CRAs and you may be stuck with the whole 30 day waiting game.

Courts and clerks do not report public records. These come from third party verification to the CRA, so going to the clerks office to clear this up won't help things, because there wont be anything to clear up. When you get there, you will clearly see the public record is not in your name.

-scott

Message 4 of 25
starry1
Valued Contributor

That bites, but it should be easy enough to have removed.  

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 5 of 25
750Hopeful
New Contributor

I looked up the public record on the court's website just to verify and my name is NOWHERE on it.

To add further mystery to this: I just noticed that in addition to the judgement, 4 revolving accounts that don't belong to me were added to my report. Seems isolated to Experian as this judgement and these new accounts aren't showing as being reported by EQ and TU. 

1 of the accounts is a KD paid collection from 2010.

1 is a closed Macy's card that was opened in 1989 that was "paid satisfactorily" so I'm sure that one is actually helping my score as my oldest account on my credit before this was from 1995. 

1 is a CBNA account (no sure who CBNA is) that was opened in 2008 but is now closed, had a $700 CL, but was paid satisfactorily -- not sure if that one is helping or not since it had a low CL. 

The last 1 is a Macy's card that was opened in 1997 and is still OPEN and is current with no lates so far as I can see (but it's only showing me the last 24 months of payment history). I'm guessing I want this one off too because there's no telling if the person might pay late at some point in the future!!

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Crossdivided wrote:

Courts and clerks do not report public records. These come from third party verification to the CRA, so going to the clerks office to clear this up won't help things, because there wont be anything to clear up. When you get there, you will clearly see the public record is not in your name.

-scott

Message 6 of 25
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Well, someone with my husbands close name or ss filed bk....it ended up on his report and we lost our dream house over it.  Took forever to get it taken care of.

Wish there was an easy or quick solution.

Message 7 of 25
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

Well, someone with my husbands close name or ss filed bk....it ended up on his report and we lost our dream house over it.  Took forever to get it taken care of.

Esp experian. They love to play God/dess...

I had a public record for years on there that didn't belong to me. I was able to remove it after many disputes by getting a notorized copy of the public record in question, and alligned every possible reporting feature from it to my experian report, and sent to to them CMRRR saying 'see, this is clearly not mine. keep pushing and I am going to sue you" -- that finally worked.

Message 8 of 25
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

anyone watch the 60 minutes special two weeks ago on credit bureaus?  Quite the eye opener!

Message 9 of 25
750Hopeful
New Contributor

@fishbjc wrote:

That's terrible!!

I'm going to call Experian's CEO's office and speak to his secretary and see if she can help. I just tried and it looks like Experian HQ is closed today for President's Day, but I will call tomorrow. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.