Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

i did it online and got " it has been forwarded to JEFFERSON cap sys and they may contact me directly.  they have until 6/05/12 to respond. yadda yadda. My guess is that they will contact me by sending me another "second chance emblem offer" haha. 

Message 11 of 81
pmatt1
Valued Member

If your card is still reporing with Jefferson Capital, I think you may have a good chance of it being removed. My problem is that a CA is reporting mine.

Starting Score: 518
Current Score: EQ 612(Lender Pull) TU585EX 584 null)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

what CA is reporting? I assumed that Jeffcap was a CA, but they own all those bogus cards that they were passing off to subprimers.

Message 13 of 81
pmatt1
Valued Member

The CA reporting is Midland

Starting Score: 518
Current Score: EQ 612(Lender Pull) TU585EX 584 null)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 81
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@pmatt1 wrote:

The CA reporting is Midland

Good luck with MIdland. They are the worst!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 16 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson has only three more days to respond to the BBB complaint and so far nothing. What is the next step if by Wednesday I still have not heard from them? Do I notify the BBB that no response has been given?

Message 17 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

woot woot!!!  I just checked my complaint and JEFFERSON CAP responded to the BBB.  although, according to JCS, my account was not included in the suit(?) they are closing accoutn, ceasing all collection efforts, and having it deleted from all three CRAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWW YEAAAA!!! I am so glad I heard something this positive!!!  I don't know if it will cause a score jump, but betwwen that and MIDLAND falling off early last week from EQ,  i may seem something, no??

Message 18 of 81
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

woot woot!!!  I just checked my complaint and JEFFERSON CAP responded to the BBB.  although, according to JCS, my account was not included in the suit(?) they are closing accoutn, ceasing all collection efforts, and having it deleted from all three CRAs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWW YEAAAA!!! I am so glad I heard something this positive!!!  I don't know if it will cause a score jump, but betwwen that and MIDLAND falling off early last week from EQ,  i may seem something, no??

Well that's good...at least they had the decency to delete it for you even if you weren't one of the "eligible consumers".

Yay!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 19 of 81
dbslove
Contributor

Congrats.. I am still waiting they have until 6/10 to respond to mine.

Message 20 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.