Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

tag
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Re: 2008 RULING on FTC -vs- Jefferson Capital/compucredit

I had midland on my reports for a tribute MasterCard. Sent them a certified letter citing the 2008 ruling. Got a letter back from midland stating they are removing the tribute account from my reports. The whole process took about a week and a half.
Message 51 of 81
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Hubcapjw wrote:
I had midland on my reports for a tribute MasterCard. Sent them a certified letter citing the 2008 ruling. Got a letter back from midland stating they are removing the tribute account from my reports. The whole process took about a week and a half.

That is awesome. I just sent my letter certified  to them for 2 of my accts...Aspire & Tribute on the 21 of April.  How long ago did you send your letter? I have not recieved a response yet. Can you PM me the address that you mailed yours to? I sent mine to the address on my credit report.

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 52 of 81
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Yes I sent the letter to the address on my report. I'm pretty sure it was in San Diego. I didn't pay them a dime and got a response from them in 1 week and a half. Also, I did send it certified mail. I am though still waiting for the update to my reports.
Message 53 of 81
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Hubcapjw wrote:
Yes I sent the letter to the address on my report. I'm pretty sure it was in San Diego. I didn't pay them a dime and got a response from them in 1 week and a half. Also, I did send it certified mail. I am though still waiting for the update to my reports.

They recieved my letter on April 25, 2013 so I am hoping to hear GOOD NEWS soon!!! Smiley Happy

Cheryl

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 54 of 81
Hubcapjw
Contributor

Yea good luck! If you don't have success try the FTC and the BBB or you state attorney general.
Message 55 of 81
Shaken101

Figured I would give this a shot as it is my last negative TL.  Mailed out the letter and FTC ruling last week and called today to see if the ball was rolling.  The first woman I spoke with seemed a bit confused and promptly transferred me to the most unpleasant person I've ever had the misfortune of speaking with.  She asked who gave me the copy of the ruling to which I responded, What does that have to do with anything?  She wasn't sure but went on to tell me they purchased the debt and they're just going to go ahead and keep reporting it.

On a side note, I disputing the accounts with EX and EQ directly and they deleted them within a few days; TU not so much.

EDIT  This was with Midland

Message 56 of 81
Hubcapjw
Contributor

I woulda never called them and woulda just waited for the mail to come to you. And if they didnt answer by mail I woulda sent another letter.
Message 57 of 81
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

@Shaken101 wrote:

Figured I would give this a shot as it is my last negative TL.  Mailed out the letter and FTC ruling last week and called today to see if the ball was rolling.  The first woman I spoke with seemed a bit confused and promptly transferred me to the most unpleasant person I've ever had the misfortune of speaking with.  She asked who gave me the copy of the ruling to which I responded, What does that have to do with anything?  She wasn't sure but went on to tell me they purchased the debt and they're just going to go ahead and keep reporting it.

On a side note, I disputing the accounts with EX and EQ directly and they deleted them within a few days; TU not so much.

I really don't understand the attitudes of CA agents. If you're THAT miserable in your job, then quit and do something else. Obviously if they can put three or four sentences together at any given moment to communicate with another human, they're capable of doing more than just doing being a CA rep. Or maybe they're just miserable in general and need to be in a well-padded room for a certain amount of time.

Anyway--when I sent them a request for deletion based on the ruling, they completely ignored me. I then disputed through all three CRAs and then they were deleted within two weeks. I then went ahead and filed a complaint with the BBB and FTC (I hate when I'm ignored), because not only were they reporting something they shouldn't have, they were reporting that it was never paid even though I paid in full in January 2013, and they refused to update.

Message 58 of 81
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Shaken101 wrote:

I thought about calling...but felt that wouldn't be a good idea. Hopefully someone else will be replying to what you sent via e-mail/snail mail.

Cheryl

Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 59 of 81
mikevbm
New Visitor

Jon85,
Did the letter work for you? If so, do you mind sending it to me. I have a collection with Jefferson which was a charge from Aspen Card.
Message 60 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.