Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Repossesion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2014 Repossesion

I recieved that the balance on an old repossession has increased. The staue of limitation is 3 years in NC. So should I attempt to dispute this. I've previously disputed with no resolve. So I'm wondering if I have any other recourse but try to settle. Any suggestions would be great

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 2014 Repossesion

@Anonymous wrote:

I recieved that the balance on an old repossession has increased. The staue of limitation is 3 years in NC. So should I attempt to dispute this. I've previously disputed with no resolve. So I'm wondering if I have any other recourse but try to settle. Any suggestions would be great

Disputing it isnt going to get you anywhere as if it hasnt updated in awhile when it updates it drops your Fico score. You want to work something out with them to settle it, you can attempt the PFD but if its the OC the odds are very slim unless its near the end of being able to be reported.

Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are reporting every month an increase of $156 interest and fees
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Interest continues to accrue on delinquent debt provided the account agreement so specifies.

Almost all account agreements include provision for continued accrual of interest on delinquent debts.

Unless there is some basis for contesting the accuracy, then a dispute would be verified.

Expiration of state SOL pertains to the ability to bring civil action to obtain a court judgment.  It does not effect the continued obligation for the debt.

The repo will become excluded once it has passed the credit report exclusion date, which is usually 7 years plus 180 days from the DOFD if the debt was charged to profit and loss.  Early removal can be attempted by offering a pay for deletion of any derogatory reporting.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.