Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 point bump!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

21 point bump!

I got divorced in 2012 and as part of te divorce settlement, my ex kept our house and was supposed to have my name taken off the mortgage within 90 days. Fast forward 2 1/2 years, my name is still on the mortgage. It has been ok (gives me a positive installment loan), but in Oct he paid late and I got a ding. I called the mortgage company and the rude CSR told me there was nothing they would do for me. So, I sent and email to the relationship manager. I begged and pleaded my case to have that 30 day late from Oct 2014 removed. I never received any reply of any kind, but I got a 21 point bump due to an improved account. It only posted to EQ so far, but I am hoping and praying it hits all 3 eventually. Happy dance on my first day of Christmas break!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 21 point bump!

@Anonymous wrote:

I got divorced in 2012 and as part of te divorce settlement, my ex kept our house and was supposed to have my name taken off the mortgage within 90 days. Fast forward 2 1/2 years, my name is still on the mortgage. It has been ok (gives me a positive installment loan), but in Oct he paid late and I got a ding. I called the mortgage company and the rude CSR told me there was nothing they would do for me. So, I sent and email to the relationship manager. I begged and pleaded my case to have that 30 day late from Oct 2014 removed. I never received any reply of any kind, but I got a 21 point bump due to an improved account. It only posted to EQ so far, but I am hoping and praying it hits all 3 eventually. Happy dance on my first day of Christmas break!

Congrats and I would ne enforcing the removal of your name off the mortgage if it goes into default you will be hit as well and that is something you dont want to go through Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 21 point bump!

Thanks..  Yes, that is an ultimatum I am going to put forth soon. I hope to get my own mortgage in the next year or two, so he has to get me off this one. Especially before he has any more lates!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.