cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

22 years old- 505-571 score, Please critique my repair plan!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 22 years old- 505-571 score, Please critique my repair plan!

hoping- I've offered to pay FULL AMOUNT DUE for PFD with little success. Any suggestions that I can take that will get my offer to someone with more power? One of them is NCO and from what I've read they are notorious for refusing PFD.

Message 11 of 18
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

It sounds like you are contacting these companies by phone? The problem with that is you end up talking to a rep that does not have that decision making authority and just reads his little script. If you haven't aleready, I would strongly suggest you type out a PFD letter and mail it to the companies you owe.

Personally, I had success with that method. I would call a CA or OC and try to PFD and they would say absolutely NOT. Then I stumbled upon these wonderful forums and learned the PFD Letter and it worked!

Good Luck.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 12 of 18
MMAYFIELD0309
Valued Member

Hey good luck bro,

23 and on the same boat! Sucks that I messed up and messed up bad but I'm moving forward and the results I've been getting I definitely cannot complain.

Is the debt (the biggest one you have) factoring into you revolving balances?? I think you can find out if you have the equifax and or transunion report here @ myfico.  

I myself currently have two chargeoffs that have yet to be sold to a collection agency (thats a good thing). After studying my reports and becoming familiar with them I noticed that my equifax report is taking into consideration these charged off balances and placing them into my revolving credit which puts me @ 92% utilization!

Thats a good and a bad thing. It's bad because I'm basically maxed out. It's good because considering my equifax score is @ 619 with 92% utilization, I'm under the impression that once these collections are in fact paid my utilization will be under my control which I'll have it @ less than 9% which should give me a major boosT!

Look into it and figure out the urgeny or importance of knocking this out. If they won't PFD and it's not being included into your utilization, what point is paying it really? Unless it will fall off soon but other than that you might have better luck using that money elsewhere and more effectively with something else that will improve your FICO score rather than something that won't do much. I'm not saying to never pay it, but just find out whats more important. You can probably save that money in an emergency fund Smiley Happy.

Sorry @ work, in a rush and trying to help if i can!

Starting Score: TU FAKO: 565 - EQ FICO: 598 - EX FAKO: 545
Current Score: TU FICO: 632 - EQ FICO: 646 - EX FAKO: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE 1/05/11

Well I got a nice little birthday present last week- the HSBC account I submitted to the 3 CB's has been completely removed off of my transunion report, still waiting for the other 2.

BUT beyond that, there was a credit card still active with a 0 balance that I had a 60 day late payment on the history, (I submitted all my credit cards that were still "active" but had negative history") AND THE INFOMRATION GOT UPDATES TO SHOW A PERFECT PAY HISTORY!

Not a huge victory, still have a lot to deal with regarding the chargeoff's and collections, but it's a start!!! :-)

Message 14 of 18
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

that is a huge victory! dont ever doubt that! even the smallest little wins, are AWESOME!!

Congratz!!!!

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 15 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For all the medical debt try contacting the OC and see about entering payment arrangements with them.  Ask them if they will pull the accounts back from the CAs.

This will only work if the OC still owns the debt.

As for the CA talking about a law suit, it is illegal for them to say things like that unless the fully intend to persue a law suit.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I REALLY need some solid advice here I've highlighted the areas I need advice with in RED in my Status Report Below....here's my updated status:

NCO financial- I owe them $685.00, and it's coded as medical...should I continue to pursue my efforts of getting this deleted by the OC using the HIPAA method?

Portfolio Recovery- I own them $1917, and it's NOT coded as medical...it's just a normal credit card through carecredit, which they sold. My question is this: should I try to attempt and contact portfolio recovery executives and arrange a pay for deletion for full amount, partial amount, ect...or should I just settle? I can't pay the whole thing, but would settling the account for a lower amount hurt me in any way?

If I do attempt to contact executives, should I do this via email for ease of respone and quickness? I've heard of people being successful with this these days.

You're advice is greatly appreciated!!!

STATUS REPORT

Revolving Accounts

CareCredit - balance $0 - collection/chargeoff (they sold the debt another debt collection service)  I assume there's not really anything I can do here.

DSNB Macys- balance $352.00 - collections/chargeoff - I called and tried to get a PFD, they refused. They also would not setlle and mark my pay status as paid in full therefore I just plan to pay this off to a $0 balance.

HSBC Bank (on my report twice?) - balance $651.00 - collection/chargeoff - I called and they have NO information on me as an account holder or attached to another account. They looked me up by SS #, address, birthday, full name, phone number- nothing came up. I plan to report this and get it deleted:smileyhappy: DELETED

Installment Accounts:

Chase - $6585- eductional - current - deferred until 2013 - I plan to make payments when deferrment is up

US DEPT ED- ~30k - educational - current - deferred until 2015 - I plan to make payments when defferement is up/out of school

Collection Accounts

NCO Financial - balance $685 - medical bills - I called and they said absolutely no to a PFD. I am currently debating Settling the account for $490 to show a $0 balance. The lady told me it would just said paid, but never specifically said it wouldn't say settled or something. Should I settle or pay the full $685?

Portfolio Collections- balance $1917 - medical bills- There's no way I can pay this full amount. If they will settle for ~$1100 I will take it regardless of mark on my account. I've yet to be able to get someone on the phone to talk about my options. Advice appreciated.

FFCC-Columbus- balance $130- medical bills - Said they would not PFD, but would show paid in full an $0 balance if I paid the amount owed- which is my current plan.

GLA Collect -balance $474 - medical (see below)

GLA Collect- balance $460 - medical/dental - I called and they said if I payed both in full they would completely delete. This is my plan once I get it in writing.

CRDT CLEARHA- balance $70 - have no idea what this is for, have no contact info for them and cant find any...just plan to pay them if I can ever reach them....

Message 17 of 18
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Regarding the medical collections as stated in a previous post call the original creditor. See if they will accept payment in full /payments in exchnage for pulling the account back from collections. Regarding  Care Credit you will need to deal with the colleciton agency.. Before paying the medical collection of FFEC see what the original creditor will do.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.