Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23 point drop am I doomed?

tag
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

23 point drop am I doomed?

Just checked my EQ score and it went from 665 to 642.  I had no idea how this could happen. Then I looked and not just 1 but 9!!!!!! of my accounts are gone. All of them were postive accounts from back clear to 1998. The only thing I have done in the last two months was removed an old address the one I lived at when I had most of these accounts. Would doing that single thing just destroy my credit? What can I do now? I doubt I can call each company and ask them to keep reporting since I havent used credit from them in a long time.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: 23 point drop am I doomed?

Technically they should have fallen off after 10 years. You list the payment history. I wouldn't worry about it. Your score will recover.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 8
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Well many of them are from 2004-2010. It took my oldest account from 15 years to 8 years and my average age of accounts from 9 years to 5 years. Those 9 accounts that went bye bye only 2 of the 9 were over 10 years old.

I did notice that one of my Cap One cards that I opened in 2006 is gone. So I checked around and found my bill that has my current address and not the one I removed. I called Cap One today and they said it should still be reporting to EQ. They have changed nothing. She also said that even if I deleted an old address it should still report because they use your Social to report information. Not sure if that was true.

Well its the weekend so I can not yell at EQ today. Maybe they are made because I reported them to the CFPB.

Message 3 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Problem is there's really nothing that can be done about it.  There is no law that says they have to report those to the CRAs, so if they're gone, they're gone.  All you can do now is build new and clean bad.  Good Luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 8
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Well I was going to start my home buying process next month. I will go after EQ for it. Trust me I will find a way. No reason they should delete 9 positive accounts but leave  the last 4 negatives I have still on my report. They even deleted  positive TL's from my current address.

Message 5 of 8
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Curious....Were the accounts that disappeared open or closed?  

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 6 of 8
Mondavi
Regular Contributor

Five were open and four were closed. One of them that was open had a 23k limit on it with zero balance. I haven't used it 6 years. It is still reporting to the other two CRA's.

I just can not understand why 9 accounts just disappear. It is not like one here and there were removed, but all at once? I deleted my old address two months ago. This all just happened in the last two weeks.

Even on the four accounts that were closed why would they stop reporting because I deleted my old address? If that was the case then it seems it would be smart to delete old addresses so negative items would no longer report.  We all know that is not the case.

Message 7 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

The open accounts you should be able to get back on.  I would also check for a split file.  This is common with EQ.  You could have 2 seperate files and have to have them merged.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.