cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 months Payment History from OC... Why???

tag
koky
Frequent Contributor

24 months Payment History from OC... Why???

An OC told me the Credit Bureaus report on 24 months of payment and if I don't see a payment history past the 24 months I should take it up with the Credit Bureaus, cause its not their problem... Is it true that the Credit Bureaus have to show on 24 months payment history..
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 24 months Payment History from OC... Why???

@koky wrote:
An OC told me the Credit Bureaus report on 24 months of payment and if I don't see a payment history past the 24 months I should take it up with the Credit Bureaus, cause its not their problem... Is it true that the Credit Bureaus have to show on 24 months payment history..

Never assume that credit-related CSRs are correct. Mostly they are wrong. Assuming that they are right and the OC will only report the last 24 months' worth of history then, IMO, that's a great thing. I wish I had creditors do that in my not-so-good-credit days. Abent the "OKs" on your CR, FICO will still score you for ontime payments. In fact, FICO ignores the OKs. The assumption is that the account is already being paid on time absent lates and FICO will start scoring off the opened date of that TL.

Message 2 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Yes the bureau can report a payment history longer than 24 months.  Some credit reports only show  only tthe most  resent 24 months of payment histroy Where are you not seeing the more than 24 months of payment history.?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 4
koky
Frequent Contributor

My Experian is showing only 24 months of payment history, but I want it showing entirety of the account since 2007.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.