Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 point loss after collections deleted *EDIT*

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

25 point loss after collections deleted *EDIT*

Checked my husbands EX report the day myfico made it available. Checked it again yesterday bc a collection was removed via PFD, score is 25 pts less. Also noticed today that an acct that was supposed to age off this month has aged off as well (off EX) the only other thing that has happened since I last checked his EX score was a small $500 loan we got from the bank was reported. It caused an 8 pt drop to EQ, but would it have really caused a 25 pt drop to EX?? 

** Actually the loan from our bank was already reporting the last time I looked at his EX score. So now the only things different this time is 2 collections are gone. One is a cable bill from 5 years ago, one was a broken lease from 7 years ago which aged off. We paid the cable bill and they removed it. So he really lost 25 pts for collections being removed??**

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: 25 point loss after collections deleted *EDIT*

Message 2 of 31
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If they were reported by CAs, he should not have lost points.

They were Smiley Sad one was credit protection assoc. the other was NCO Financial. Both gone, along with 25 pts. Smiley Sad I've looked at the 2 CR's over and over, nothing is different except these 2 collections being gone now.

Message 3 of 31
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

They could have been factoring into your AAoA and that is what caused the decrease in score.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 4 of 31
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

They could have been factoring into your AAoA and that is what caused the decrease in score.

But they were collections, I dont think those factor into your AAoA if they weren't already, like a CC or installment loan or something. These would've never been on his CR as an acct if they hadn't of been reported as collections.

Message 5 of 31
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Unfortunately some do factor into your AAoA.  If you've pulled your reports from MyFIco and can compare the AAoA to what it is now there is a good chance it may be that.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 6 of 31
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Credit History on both reports is 7 years, so it wasn't AAoA. The 2 reports look identical except 2 collections are gone, and there was a 25 pt loss.

Message 7 of 31
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I am so sorry. I know u must be livid. I can't imagine y old CA's would drop u that much. Did myfico tell u y? Whenever my score drops r increases it tells me y. Now I am scared to pay a old debt from 2009. Was the collection a CO or were they updating? Oh and i have heard of myfico making mistakes and a few days later they fix. Maybe call them and ask...

Message 8 of 31
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

@swtneka wrote:

I am so sorry. I know u must be livid. I can't imagine y old CA's would drop u that much. Did myfico tell u y? Whenever my score drops r increases it tells me y. Now I am scared to pay a old debt from 2009. Was the collection a CO or were they updating?

This is his EX score, not score watch/EQ so it didn't give me the reason for the drop. I purchased his score yesterday to see how much it had increased since the collection had been deleted. To my surprise there were 2 gone and the 25 pt drop. It was both CA's reporting, not the OC, neither of these had been updated in a while. The one that aged off was updated in like October 2011 I think.

Message 9 of 31
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

He had a collection age off in March and he got a 30 something point bump. So I have no idea why these 2 caused a drop!!!

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.